Lifesize Sigourney Weaver/ Ellen Ripley FINISHED SCULPT WITH VIDEO! (Nudity-ish)

Re: Lifesize Sigourney Weaver/ Ellen Ripley FINISHED-ish p5

Fantastic sculpt !! congratulations , it 's a masterpiece:love

I got the chills, that is scary good!!

Any thoughts on a small run of these? :love

I'm blown away thats incredible. Its funny cause i just watch Alien last night. I play around with the idea of attempting a bust like this but I feel like id start out with a lump of clay and just end up with a slightly different looking lump of clay. I'm very impressed.

WOW. Totally blown away! I think what I love most is that you've captured the little details so beautifully - the depth of her eyes, the straight lines of her mouth. Incredible work.

As all I can think of to say is wow (which I actually said out loud when I saw the progress of the sculpt) But tgg nailed what I was thinking about the look you captured.

you even managed to capture a pensive strength that is perfect for the character.

Is it just me or can I even see extremely faint vein bumps in her skin?
This is one of the best sculpts I've ever seen

Thanks everyone, really nice comments :$

Totally sorry for the lateness of my reply but I wanted to make sure I had a good mould before coming back! Not a fan of moulding, everything you've worked on can get ruined in seconds if the mix is even slightly wrong. Thankfully it seems to have gone well. Hopefully get the first pull out this week.

Alaneye
That first close up is just incredible! I've learned a ton just by looking at it. Thanks.

Al

Hey you're welcome Al! I don't think you've got that much to learn though to be honest :)

Pro Mod
From the first to the last photograph an amazing and truly lifelike sculpt of a great actress!

As a non sculpter may I ask how you achive the skin texture - or is that a trade secret?

Thanks! The best way I've been able to describe the technique is by using cling film and a blunt wooden tool, poking and scratching the textures in, bringing it down with a small damp brush and then going in again to increase definition. It really is trial and error.

Heres an orgie of photos and a quick video I made of the final sculpt, hope you enjoy.......

finalripley13c.jpg

finalripley25.jpg

finalripley24.jpg

finalripley20.jpg

finalripley16.jpg

finalripley14.jpg

finalripley9.jpg

finalripley7.jpg

finalripley5.jpg

finalripley4.jpg

finalripley3.jpg

finalripley1.jpg

finalripleyb.jpg

finalripleyc.jpg

finalripleyd.jpg

finalripleye.jpg

finalripleyf.jpg

finalripleyg.jpg

And heres the video:

Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley - Clay Portrait - YouTube

Cheers, Steve

Absolutely The Best sculpt EVER!!!! and the video was eerie to watch, almost as if i was seeing through the eyes of a stalker. I loved the little sound snippet from the movie, when you get to hear her talk and gaze upon your sculpt at the same time...it brings it to life so much that i almost expected to see her mouth move.

You certainly have a god given talent with Amazing attention to detail.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back