Mad Max: Fury Road

I always assumed Goose died. And his wife as well, despite what the doctors said. He needed that push to go 'Mad'.

In RR he reacted to the question 'lost some family?' But what family?

I just realized the Feral kid was a replacement for his son, The Gyro Captain for Goose, and The Warrior Woman for his Wife.
So this time the guys lived and she died.

Your makeing me all nostalgic now terryr.
Now im thinking Dr Miller should be doing a Mad Max prequel NOW.

Man, this sand gets in everywhere.
Forget the deserts of Africa, many parts of Melbourne are still around the same as they were in the original, at least enough for a major production to work with. Picture a young Max Rockatansky and Jim Goose just getting their MFP badges and hitting the god forsaken highways, WOW. Intersceptors and BoBs as far as the eye can see.

Who would play the main men?

PS, The beach house still stands in original condition George, good starting point.

Last edited:
The steering wheels on the wrong side.

In the special intro made for MM2, we see Max visiting two gravesides, one is Sproggs but what about the second?, In MM, the doctor says she, Jessie, will make it. Is the second grave The Goose?

I've never seen this special intro. I must not have the dvd that it's on.

I guess special is overplaying it a bit from me Wes, its the standard intro with the voice over and the old B and W stock footage. I dont know of any version without it apart from the original reel.. If someone could post a cap of the brief scene with Max at the graves it would be great, cant find my DVD.

Wow, I have watched that movie 100 times and never noticed that grave scene until you pointed it out. I wonder if that is a cut scene from MadMax. It looks like all of the rest of it is right out of the first movie.

Well it is pretty quick, more a flash than a scene at the end of the day.
Fairly sure it was filmed for the second movie but not sure if its even Mel or if anything else was shot around it and never used, would be cool if some lost footage showed up.

The shot of Max next to that gnarly tree was a cut scene from MM1. I believe the grave scene was shot specifically for MM2. (Jessie's death always seemed like a retcon to me, but I was thinking just today that even though the doctor said she would make it, she could have crashed later. Otherwise, what--Max just left her behind?) Over on madmaxmovies.com there are some pages about deleted scenes with some photos.

Mr Webber, I can't imagine that the intro wasn't always in the movie, because it's all laid out in the original script. Maybe you came in late. ;)

If i did, i did it 8 times.
Anyone else at the original Australian release run remember anything?
Mad Max 2 logo then straight to the wide shot, then out of Bobs Blower as i remember.

I agree about the graves looking like they're in the wasteland. The rural setting and the make shift looking crosses instead of actual grave stones.

Yeah, i dont get it.

Jessie's death always seemed like a retcon to me, but I was thinking just today that even though the doctor said she would make it, she could have crashed later. Otherwise, what--Max just left her behind?

Why not? It may not have been Jessies death that made Max Mad, Sprogg was already confirmed dead and his wife was a physical ruin, both of which he witnessed, that right there would push me over and Jessie would have been in hospital for a long, long time. The last reference in the movie to her was she will pull through, i have to go with that. Which counts out Goose to be in the second grave as he was still alive at last reference, confusing.

He was badly crispy fried. It wasn't just a quick skin burn. It's easy to believe he died of infection later. And a blood clot for the wife.

The original beginning for RR has Max approach a farmhouse, only to see Wez and the boys attacking the farm family and hanging them from a tree. They see Max and he takes off down the highway. Filmed but not used.

I'd like to see a real Special DVD release of MM and RR with extras like this. I'm amazed it hasn't been done.

Yeah, i dont get it.

Why not? It may not have been Jessies death that made Max Mad, Sprogg was already confirmed dead and his wife was a physical ruin, both of which he witnessed, that right there would push me over and Jessie would have been in hospital for a long, long time. The last reference in the movie to her was she will pull through, i have to go with that. Which counts out Goose to be in the second grave as he was still alive at last reference, confusing.

They flash it pretty quick, i checked it out on my copy today and it's there. I would like special editions of Road warrior and thunderdome with commentary like I have for the first Max movie. If his wife did survive it makes you wonder if he went back to her after the first movie ended or if he just vanished into the wasteland.

He was badly crispy fried. It wasn't just a quick skin burn. It's easy to believe he died of infection later. And a blood clot for the wife.

The original beginning for RR has Max approach a farmhouse, only to see Wez and the boys attacking the farm family and hanging them from a tree. They see Max and he takes off down the highway. Filmed but not used.

I'd like to see a real Special DVD release of MM and RR with extras like this. I'm amazed it hasn't been done.

Anythings possible i guess, thats what gets me with Directors some times, we are left to fill in the blanks, sometimes enjoyable sometimes frustrating.

I didnt know about that alternate opening scene, would really love to see it. This must have been switched with the "standard" opener once someone realised most of the world apart from Oz audiences needed some background story. I think or hope we might get some gold on the Fury Road Blu Ray, hate waiting.

They flash it pretty quick, i checked it out on my copy today and it's there. I would like special editions of Road warrior and thunderdome with commentary like I have for the first Max movie. If his wife did survive it makes you wonder if he went back to her after the first movie ended or if he just vanished into the wasteland.

Maybe after he wasted the remaining gang members he was just so overcome that he kept driving and didnt go back, maybe the graves are just ones he came across on the drive, that could explain why they look out of place maybe.

I really don't think that they would have included that in the intro without some connection to the story. I'm more inclined to believe they're Jessie and Sprogg's graves. Goose's grave could be somwhere further on out of shot. I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have gone back to finalise the burial of his family at least.

On the other hand, it could all be symbolic, but considering that the voiceover is talking about what caused Max to leave for the wastelands, I really do think that they're his family.

Cheers,
Lawrie.

They could have just been graves he did out in the wastelands after the bombs fell as a memorial to them or they could have even been people he found and buried out of respect. Hard to tell but it seems like they wanted the to represent people important to him.

You know, thats pretty well said Wes, fairly convinced now ive been fishin for something thats not really there, been fun though guys. Better get back on topic.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back