Mad Max: Fury Road

So i'm sitting here catching the last 50 mins or so of MM2 on IFC channel, its edited, havent seen the edited version. The end of the Interceptor scene goes: Max wrecks. Bad Cop checks for Max, sees the dog, raises crossbow, fuse starts burning. Bad Cop still raising crossbow, fuse gets shorter. Max raises shotgun, Bad Cop aiming for dog, fuse causes car to explode. Bad guys blow up. Before Bad Cop shoots. No dog death included at all! So... my question is: if the dog wasn't shot by the arrow, would it be killed by the explosion? I didn't notice until right now that the dog might've been doomed anyway because of the boobytrap. Is this how it would've went?

Going by memory I'd have thought so. Dog climbs up on the rock that protects Max from the blast, so yeah I'd have figured he's toast even if Bad Cop doesn't fire.

That said, Dog only climbs on the rock cause Bad Cop approaches, otherwise he'd be safe like Max, I guess.

There's actually a cut of The Road Warrior that's just a tiny bit more gruesome than what has been widely available here in the states. Pick up any official BluRay copy of the Road Warrior and if the in-movie title says 'Mad Max 2', you've got the true uncut version.

Very slightly longer shots generally, stuff like Wes pulling the bolt out of his arm, the truck driver's corpse. iirc the rape remains mostly implied/seen in the gyro captain's reaction. As Jeyl said the differences are very minor and the title card is the biggest giveaway.

What's funny about edited versions is they were edited for te TV of that time period. Most things edited out back in those days is totally acceptable now. Shows on channels like FX get away with way worse than what was considered R back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still has not shipped from Amazon, but they also still claim it will be delivered by Saturday. I'm doubtful of that. We'll see.

As I thought, an email from Amazon today. New delivery date is "Tuesday, August 4, 2015 - Friday, September 11, 2015" Did the original run just sell out fast, or did they print too few, or both?

Other than the Doof Warrior's shredding, I didn't give the music much attention in the theater. Now I'm listening to the soundtrack, and all I can say is holy ****! This is music to conceive monarchs to. Outstanding.

I thought the music stood out the most in the film. Easily the best part from my first viewing. I bought the soundtrack the second I got home from the theatre.

Spoilers for the Mad Max Comic that's coming out tomorrow.

According to the recent comic, all of the Mad Max movies did in fact happen. We actually see recreations from all the movies with Tom Hardy's likeness in those situations including sharing panel time with Tina Turner! Since I only skimmed it after that point, Max comes across a settlement that has a V8 Pursuit Special body but with no parts keeping it together and this tribe of really cool costumed guys seem to have it, including the iconic super charger.

I think the game is going to be interesting. Apparently, the big bad happens to be Rictis, Immortan Joe's son with the hose in his nose from the film.

I thought it was a son of immortan Joes that we haven't seen yet. Pretty sure they called him "scrotus" which is a very unfortunate name to have.

Edit: after some research I found his name is Scabrous Scrotus. Here are some pictures
Scrotus1.jpg
Scrotus3.jpgScrotus2.png

I thought it was a son of immortan Joes that we haven't seen yet. Pretty sure they called him "scrotus" which is a very unfortunate name to have.

Edit: after some research I found his name is Scabrous Scrotus. Here are some pictures
View attachment 498779
View attachment 498781View attachment 498782

Weird. I thought the four-minute preview said "Rictus and his war boys." But looking now, I could be (and most likely be) wrong (even more so since we saw what happened to Rictus in the film).

Weird. I thought the four-minute preview said "Rictus and his war boys." But looking now, I could be (and most likely be) wrong (even more so since we saw what happened to Rictus in the film).

Honestly I'm glad. Rictus was good as a back up to immortan, but he isn't very menacing having the mind of a child and all.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back