Sherlock Coat opinions/info?

I like the first one, I'll have to get back up to their store in LA ASAP to check it out. They used to have a fabric that was dead on accurate except it had plaid lines about every 2 inches.

I'm really tempted to order one from ebay, but Aposstle's link is dead and this seller doesn't have anything in store anymore. Are you guys sure that all those coats with the same pics around 150$ are the same as Aposstle and GeneralFrosty ?

The link Apostle linked is dead but I contacted and found an active link for the coat posted above.

And here:
Sherlock coat

One more question, opinions on the fabric for the earlier versions by the seller? I like all of the improvements and the new fabrics pattern but the old one doesn't look that bad to me either and seems a little darker and maybe looser? Didn't know if anyone had an opinion?

Earlier version

Last edited:
Thanks. Although I'm debating wether or not to go for a Magnoli one. As nice looking as these ebay ones are, I'm afraid they won't last as long as the Magnoli. Otherwise, why would there be such a difference in price ? I'll admit I tend to think more expensive=better quality, even if that's no alway true.
Anybody has a Magnoli here and would like to share opinion regarding accuracy/quality ?

I'm sure the Magnoli coat is very well made and high quality though I like the look of the material used in Apostle/GeneralFrosty's coats better. Or at least in pictures I think they look closer to the original but haven't seen them in person or how they wear. Given that I don't have the $900+ to spend right now on it at the moment (though when I do try and keep me from one of Steve Ricks tennant coats) and that I actually like the look of them better I plan on ordering one pretty soon, just need to figure the length and other measurements.

I do love my Magnoli swirly/girl in the fireplace tie though! Only thing i've gotten from him and it's great!

Thinking of selling my coat. Will have to get decent pics for a jy thread.
It'll fit like an off-the-rack generic size "small" with a generous chest fit that'll be comfy up to a 38.

Hey everybody! Been lurking around this thread for some time now. Finally decided that I'm going to try to make the coat. Can anyone comment on the wool that Cosplaysky uses for their coats? Their wool is easiest to get (I don't live in a country where wool is available) and the pattern seems okay. I'm not too concerned on getting the exact pattern but would love to get wool that's thick enough so the coat doesn't look slumpy.

I found this wool on a Chinese site. Can't read a word (Google translated it). Bit too dark and shiny no? Ìؼ۸ߵµ»ÒÉ«ÄØ×ÓÃæÁÏ/ÄÐÅ®¸ß¼¶Ê±×°ÑòëÄØ/Сϸ¸ñ×ÓÄØ×Ó²¼ÁÏ°ëÃ×-ÌÔ±¦Íø

So it appears that for those looking for an Ebay China made replica, there are two choices:

BUYITJNOW (as recommended by Appostle and GeneralFROSTY)

COSPLAYSKY (as recommended by Sherlockology)

Personally, I like the Buyitjnow version better (cuffs look better). But which version do you gents reckon is the more accurate, cutting wise and fabric wise?

We know. But Belstaff doesn't have them anymore and doesn't seem to be interested in re-adding them to their collection. That's why we look at replica's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last I heard they still sell them, but only from their London store. But they're like $3000 anyway.

Btw, after the latest junkyard cleanup, I've had to start a new thread for the buttons. I'm getting back to casting them finally.

Last edited:
Hey Guys
Been reading this thread for a while. I figured I would clear a few things up about this coat and Belstaff for that matter. I had friends who used to work for Belstaff in their NYC and London showrooms. The company changed hands in mid 2011 to luxury clothing firm Labelux. It was owned prior by the Franco Malenotti family. It was run by his two sons Michele and Manuele, who served as the Creative Director and CEO. The family had been in charge of it since the mid 1990's.

The Milford coat was created under the Malenotti's reign of the company and was their design. The last time the coat was made was in Fall 2010 for a brief re-run as Sherlock had made it famous. The original coat contained a Mink collar attachment that could be unbuttoned from it. It retailed for around $1900, mainly because of complex fabric and Mink fur used. The Sherlock show now uses a combination of Originals and replicas made for them. Don't ask me who makes the replicas, because I don't know. You will have to ask the BBC or the costume designer that question. I do know, it's NOT Belstaff.

The original Belstaff Milford coat is No Longer available to buy Anywhere New. You can try eBay, but they go for about $2500-4000, Used. Your best bet is to use the details from someone who owns one.

And even before someone brings up asking Belstaff if they will make it again. They can't, even if they wanted to. As the design belongs to the Malenotti's. You may want to ask Matchless London, the Malenotti's current company if they will make it. But I doubt it since the designs are Very different.

Anyways I hope this helps clear some things up.
Ski :)

I've picked up a wool coat from Cosplaysky... only issues I could see from an accuracy standpoint would be buttons (brown and not quite a 90 degree cross) and the location of the 4 pocket... all seem slightly higher than stills from the show.

Quality wise... I the red thread on 1 of my button loops is coming loose.

I do have 1 question... does anyone know if the button loops for belt on the back of the jacket have red stitching also or is it black? I could never make that out from the show...

I don't think red stitching was added to the back button holes, at least from what I could tell from photos of it...

I'm planning to order one from buyitjnow on eBay (I think photos of it were posted earlier in this thread) and request no red stitching on the back if that is indeed more accurate.

Also, for those who were wondering, the sellers of these two listings are indeed the same company, I messaged tssy2005 and they have confirmed this. So in theory tssy2005 should yield the same design/quality that buyitjnow has been said to have from the people on here that have purchased this coat from them. Has anyone else bought a coat from them? If so what are your thoughts on it?

Sherlock Holmes Cape Coat Cosplay Costume Wool Version Custom Made | eBay

Sherlock Holmes Cape Coat Cosplay Costume Wool Version Custom Made | eBay

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back