City-by-City -- Hobby Shops

These are Australian hobby stores that deals with the most;

1. Frontline Hobbies. Located in Newcastle, New South Wales. Frontline Hobbies (Newcastle,NSW)

They cater for all types of modellers and hobbyists. The place is huge, as is their inventory. I use them all the time to mail order paints, glues, styrene, etc.

2. Hobbyco. https://hobbyco.com.au/ These guys have been around for over 30 years and also have a huge range of models, paints, tools, etc.

So if you are in the land of OZ, check them out.

These are Australian hobby stores that deals with the most;

1. Frontline Hobbies. Located in Newcastle, New South Wales. Frontline Hobbies (Newcastle,NSW)

They cater for all types of modellers and hobbyists. The place is huge, as is their inventory. I use them all the time to mail order paints, glues, styrene, etc.

2. Hobbyco. https://hobbyco.com.au/ These guys have been around for over 30 years and also have a huge range of models, paints, tools, etc.

So if you are in the land of OZ, check them out.

Have you been in these stores or only bought mail order from them?

I've been a regular customer of Branford Hobbies in Branford Ct:
609 W main St (rear) Branford, CT 06405
(203) 488-9865
website is down.

You need to add Al's Hobby Shop for Chicago. It's the biggest and the best in Chicagoland area
Al's Hobby Shop

Feel like I've been there.??
Are all the models in the "back left" (relative to entering the store in the "front right"? And is def'ly a big store - but covers lots of different hobbies?

If this is one in the same, I appreciated the size and the variety. However, for my own personal tastes, I couldn't find many older kits that fulfilled my lust for building SS models. YMMV

Here are a few more for MI, in the east side metro Detroit area.

Whistle Stop Hobby & Toy 21714 Harper Ave St Clair Shores MI

GREAT LAKES HOBBY 43055 Van Dyke Avenue Sterling Heights MI

P&D Hobby Shop 31280 Groesbeck Hwy Fraser MI

Prop Shop Hobbies, Inc. 23326 Van Dyke Ave Warren MI

You doubt correctly.
Such a large population and no hobby store - what does that say

Head up to Fort Lauderdale where theres still two decent stores - Warricks Hobby and R.C. Hobby both have lots of plastic kits and full stock of Plastruct and Evergreen. Both stores are on University Drive.

Might also try Discount Train & Hobby. This place sometimes gets in bunches of vintage kits from estate sales.

You doubt correctly.
Such a large population and no hobby store - what does that say

Head up to Fort Lauderdale where theres still two decent stores - Warricks Hobby and R.C. Hobby both have lots of plastic kits and full stock of Plastruct and Evergreen. Both stores are on University Drive.

Might also try Discount Train & Hobby. This place sometimes gets in bunches of vintage kits from estate sales.

Where is Discount Train & Hobby? FL also?

NOTE: These are not strictly "hobby shops." There are many here in socal, probably mentioned (like Brookhurst Hobbies, in Garden Grove) . But, instead, I am including places that supply stuff that is HARD TO FIND.
Southern California:
In WALNUT, CA. (between LA and OC, kinda) is CARPE DIEM. They specialize in modelmaking and architectural stuff, but carry a COMPLETE LINE of Proxxon Tools from Germany. Yes, a store where you can walk in and buy a Proxxon tool and walk out with it in your hand!
In ANAHEIM, CA. Aardvark Clay for clay and modeling supplies, McLogan's for sign, screen and vinyl supplies (like, for instance, brushed aluminum vinyl). Industrial Plastics has a "Will Call" walk in where you can buy almost ANY KIND of plastic for 4.00 a lb. Would you like a piece of acrylic 4" square by TWO INCHES THICK? I got one there. How about sheets of PVC or clear fluted polycarbonate? Will call will not always have *everything* as scrap, but wow, I got some cool stuff there!
In STANTON CA. Pacific Sign Supply Company for LED modules for lights and corrugated plastic (for the "insider" prices!)
In GARDEN GROVE, CA. JK Electronics is an old-school electronics supply. Awesome. Stuff like switches and power supplies, LEDs and wiring, etc.

I'll post more as I think of them.4

We out here on Long Island are fortunate to have Bay Shore Hobby. This is the most well stocked store I have ever been in.
BAYSHORE HOBBIES
2054 SUNRISE HWY
BAYSHORE NY 11706
516-968-8547

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back