Is the MoM lightsaber in the LFL archive?

gjw

I know that many on here have or have had access to the Lucasfilm archive and I wondered if anyone had ever had a chance to examine the Luke ROTJ Magic of Myth lighsaber.
Does anything actually move other than the slide-open control box?
That's the only part I've ever seen moved in any of the photographs and in the cut-but-now-restored "Luke builds his lightsaber" scene that's also the only part that we actually see move.
We do get to see working lights, which I don't remember the MoM having, but those could have been added post-production.

The release of eFX's new Reveal lightsaber has got me wondering why Lucasfilm would have authorized the release of a saber so obviously patterned after the Elstree reveal.
Was the Elstree reveal truly commissioned by Lucasfilm but never screen-used?
Was the Elstree an insider's unauthorized copy of the MoM which did actually have all of those reveal elements but just never shown on-screen?

I just can't see why LFL would have taken a move that can only be seen to validate Elstree's claims when so many others have refuted them.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back