Netflix Recommendations Thread

I also enjoyed "13 Reasons Why" a lot more than i thought i would, i normally don't like those teen drama's but i thought this was an interesting premise.

Checked it out finally, after I kept hearing about it and seeing the thumbnail on Netflix, and it may be one show I regret watching. Not because it was bad, it was actually pretty good (except for the fact that half the teenagers had crazy tattoos at 16-17, but whatever...), especially the main cast. I regret watching it because I felt messed up after finishing it. It's heavy stuff, and I was not ready to watch that, despite being hooked. Still do actually. Very strange. Now I need to binge watch some Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt to balance it out !

Yeah great show, the only thing i really did not like was the feminist undertone to the whole show. The main character(girl) kept putting herself in situations where bad things where bound to happen to her and sobbed about it afterwards. Thats why i kinda felt that the whole personal responsibility things should have been emphasized more.

Turned out the feeling i got while watching the show was spot on, the creator is way into feminism and it kinda took away from the show in my opinion.

Anybody watch "Anne with a E" yet? I can not recommend that show enough.

Checked it out finally, after I kept hearing about it and seeing the thumbnail on Netflix, and it may be one show I regret watching. Not because it was bad, it was actually pretty good (except for the fact that half the teenagers had crazy tattoos at 16-17, but whatever...), especially the main cast. I regret watching it because I felt messed up after finishing it. It's heavy stuff, and I was not ready to watch that, despite being hooked. Still do actually. Very strange. Now I need to binge watch some Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt to balance it out !

I like the way it dealt with the topic; though there were quite a few areas where it seemed to deviate from the "depression" and into the personality realm. Something which is a positive but really requires kids to watch with appropriate supervision and management - a lot of people unhappy with the means they used at the end but definitely better than going for the impulsive actions which are far more common and could be fatal if replicated and more likely to

I just binge watched the entire 1st season of GLOW. What an entertaining show! I hope Netflix is going to force Hollywood to reevaluate its strategy because they are knocking it out of the park with their original content. I loved GLOW, Stranger Things, House of Cards.

It's one of the few places where we are getting interesting and diverse content rather than the majority of dreck that is being pumped out of Hollywood.

I enjoyed GLOW but was just unhappy with the episode run time. Every time an episode was over I was like "Damn, that was fast." Seems the run time is between 30-40 minutes per episode. What's up with that? Is it an hour show or a half hour show?

PS: I'm not really a massive fan of horror movies but I'll watch the occasional one if its interesting enough and not just a slash and gore fest . So I was surprised just how effective "XX" was. Its a series of four short films, written and directed by various very talented female film makers and there are some genuinely disturbing moments . Nothing too original storywise to anyone familiar to the genre but the psychological and character aspects were well above average for these kinds of shorts. One was particularly haunting.
Agreed. I was surprised at how good this short anthology series is.

The wife and I watched Man Vs. A television survivalist heads into the woods to film a five day survival episode. A man alone in the backwoods for five days? Something is bound to go wrong and it does in a big way. I was expecting the banjo musical cues to kick in at any moment! We were fooled and this was fun!

There could have been a good movie somewhere in Man Vs, but some of the execution killed it for me. I won't mention anymore because of spoilers.

Amazon Prime members?

Mr. Robot season 2 just got released on Prime video. If you haven't watched the first season, I highly suggest it.

Its been a thoroughly horrible wet day so I've binged on Netflix. And I found both "Spy" and "Trainwreck" way funnier and more entertaining than I thought they would have been.

The Devil's Candy. Heavy metal and the devil. Lol! I enjoyed it although the dad was a doofus.

What they all seem to forget is consumers DO NOT want to run around paying multiple people 10-15 bucks a month to cover their bases. Just imagine if CBS does the impossible and makes their service profitable. Pretty soon, NBC, CBS, and Fox follow suit and pull their stuff from hulu and netflix and HBO's arleady been doing it for a few years now. Its gonna turn into a nightmare.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back