Netflix Recommendations Thread

Hacksaw Ridge. Sometimes you read something about human heroism in the face of extraordinary circumstances that is almost truly unbelievable but it turns out to be actually accurate . Desmond Doss, sometimes there really aren't the words.

Last edited:
I'm about halfway through The Punisher and so far so good. It certainly started out differently and I like how they are handling the backstory instead of the usual 15 minutes at the very start and then totally ignoring it for the rest of the series.

Almost done watching "Godless" a really cool netflix original series, i really recommend it especially if you like westerns.

Jeff Daniels does a nice job at portraying a psycho outlaw.

Second that on "Godless". If you liked "Deadwood" then this is probably one for you. Good mixture of strong characters and interesting storylines, halfway through it and I'm fairly impressed .

Finished it. Great build up to the final confrontation but I really did have some issues with the way it played out for some!

I must admit to being a bit smitten by that artist Martha though , particularly in the last episode. I didn't realise it was still possible to get a crush on somebody in your fifties!

Last edited:
GODLESS

Netflix has set the bar high for this one.
Great story. Beautifully shot and acted.
If you like westerns or any drama, have a look at this.

Netflix original DARK.... Wow total mind F@@K! Couldn't stop watching.

"Unabomber".
If you enjoyed "Mindhunter" then you'll probably like this. And I thought "Dark " was quite strong and interesting as a miserably haunting european remake of "Back to the Future". Thanks for the nods here. And "The Crown", whilst not having as many strong episodes as last year, was still hugely entertaining.
Thank god for Netflix TV series this year.

I don't know how long they have had it, but Netflix has the first two seasons of "Ash vs Evil Dead".

Edit: had the closed captioning on and where else can you read "colon screams"?

Last edited:
Anybody watch Bright? Nothing fantastic but if you fantasy and in particular, fantasy elements in a modern setting it's worth a watch, even if it's bit Alien Nation like.

Yeah, once you get past the idea that five separate, sentient races (instead of just one) and the existence of magic would have a profound alteration to history and just accept that despite these extreme changes, history pretty much turned out like 21st century earth, it's a pretty good flick. Nothing LOTR level, but still enjoyable.

Anybody watch Bright? Nothing fantastic but if you fantasy and in particular, fantasy elements in a modern setting it's worth a watch, even if it's bit Alien Nation like.
I really enjoyed it. It felt too short though, like they were racing to wrap it all up. So the world was very two dimensional. I really hope they flesh it out in the sequel. I also find it funny the critics didn't like it, but everyone else did. That subject deserves it's own thread.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed it. It felt too short though, like they were racing to wrap it all up. So the world was very two dimensional. I really hope they flesh it out in the sequel. I also find it funny the critics didn't like it, but everyone else did. That subject deserves it's own thread.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk
Quoting myself is fun. This little video clears up a few things, mostly who Jirak was.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anybody here is a fan of art and history, check out "Treasures from the Wreck of the Unbelievable".
It's jaw-dropping, man.

If anybody here is a fan of art and history, check out "Treasures from the Wreck of the Unbelievable".
It's jaw-dropping, man.

Amended for reasons of a spoilery nature

If you get a chance check "Eye in the Sky" out. Alan Rickmans last performance , and its a much better written film than I thought the subject matter would allow.

Last edited:
Again, I know not Netflix but I just finished The Wire and am needing another binge show. I've never seen either The Sopranos or OZ. Can someone give me some advice on which is better and maybe a brief description of each?

Watched Godless last week. Excellent western. It's only six episodes, so not a big commitment. If you like classic western stories, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back