Netflix Recommendations Thread

I think Season 2 of GLOW just started. I thought the first season was pretty good. This one is definitely on my list.

Looked for this after your post. Really good fun this season, Ep 3 had me in stitches ( rather helped by a drink or two, or maybe three) . "Orange is the new Black" out at the end of the month. I'm glad this is written predominately by the fairer gender some of the jokes would have got the average bloke hung.

"Anne with an E" drops it's second season tomorrow and having really enjoyed the first season i'm really psyched to see where things go. Holding off on reading the books so i don't spoil the series for myself:lol

"Edit"

Such a shame, the new season is riddled with overt feminist viewpoints that totally ruin the series for me and disrespect already strong female characters present in the original story.

Last edited:
Anybody made it through this new season of Orange is the New Black? That was going to be my next binge, but I got through the first episode and I'm just not feeling it. I've always enjoyed the show, but it seems to have lost it's punch. It now feels like it is just a parody of itself. Does this new season get any better?

If anyone hasn't seen Dark yet, check it out! Not sure that time travel has ever been done better on TV. Season 2 coming by years end as well.

Btw, default is the horrible English dub, please watch it in German.

Anybody made it through this new season of Orange is the New Black? That was going to be my next binge, but I got through the first episode and I'm just not feeling it. I've always enjoyed the show, but it seems to have lost it's punch. It now feels like it is just a parody of itself. Does this new season get any better?

Yeah, I managed to finish it eventually ( for the first time in my life I've been suffering from a touch of insomnia, probably the hot weather).
Unfortunately as this all takes place in a womens prison the characters and storylines have become similarly trapped by their own limitations, and a large number of them feel heavily repetitive on the previous seasons themes. So watching this is going to feel more than a little stale at times ,particularly through the early episodes ,though overall I thought it better than most of last season, once you get through the inital set ups.

I do think the writers and producers have recognised that it needs something to refresh it a bit , and a few storylines and character arcs are pretty much wrapped up by the end of this so its worth sticking with it for that alone, the pay offs are often surprising. I did laugh at how the final episode finished though and how differently that would have turned out if it had been gender swapped.

But thats part of my interest in watching the series, at how very differently its written and directed against my more usual choice of viewing. It does strike a nice balance of emotional understanding and understated agendas across most of its broad cast and its often an easy and enjoyable ( if not compelling) watch.

I'll still take Scandinavian Noir over it any time, but since that last brilliant season and final fantastic episode of "The Bridge" I'm struggling to find any good stuff, at least until the next season of "Dark".

Last edited:
I am also enjoying ROMAN EMPIRE. It's a docu-series on the empire. Pretty fascinating.

Only have one nit pick. The VFX guys went way overboard on birds. EVERY static shot of Rome there is the same flock of birds flying over. Every...single...time. I watched the entire first season yesterday and it became laughable. Every shot of Rome--wait for it--yep, there are the birds. You could make a great drinking game with this show. Every time the birds fly over, take a drink.

I'm not kidding, watch the show and you will see.

Kubo and the Two Strings- its been a long time since I have watched such a beautifully written, hugely imaginative and utterly heart warming story animated into a movie but Kubo is exactly that. If you've got kids or grand kids please watch this together, may be its because I'm getting old but this really did tug at the heart strings.

PS GLOW fans rejoice, its got a third season pass of Netflix finally.

Last edited:
Archer is BACK!!!!!!

"Archer : Danger Island" has popped up on Netflix this morning! Its all very "Tales of the Golden Monkey" for those of us that might remember that series from way back but its all good fun.

I apologise If this is a duplicate, but I just finished "The Vault". It was pretty good.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

And now I just finished watching "The Void". A good WTF is going on supernatural horror movie. I fast forwarded through the end credits when I start seeing long columns of names and I think "crowd funding?". I backed it up and sure enough, another successful Indiegogo campaign.

"Hardcore Henry" just kicked off on Netflix in the UK. Its a hoot, surprisingly funny in a very very, dark way , Sharlto Copley as "Jimmy" often kills it (quite literally)and sheer levels of none stop action will draw you in IF you like first person shooters.
BUT the violence could be described as a "tad" excessive and will not be for the faint hearted or somebody looking for a deeply meaningful story. A huge body count,then yes definitely this is it ,it often made "Dredd" look positively restrained at times. I've got to say I really enjoyed it most of it ,though the shaky camera aspect did bug me sometimes, but the stunt team deserve a collective medal.

Again this won't be for everyone, but as somebody who watched Arnie and the OTT action movie go utterly mad in the eighties (even right up to this day to judge from "Hardcore Henry"!!!) I have to say I really enjoyed "Killing Gunther". A dash of alcohol may help some enjoy it better but I laughed far more than I would have expected.

Again this won't be for everyone, but as somebody who watched Arnie and the OTT action movie go utterly mad in the eighties (even right up to this day to judge from "Hardcore Henry"!!!) I have to say I really enjoyed "Killing Gunther". A dash of alcohol may help some enjoy it better but I laughed far more than I would have expected.

I enjoyed "Killing Gunther" except for the poison guy. They tried to hard with that character. The disguises were great. And look up Cord Billmond on YouTube. Also,
I was so caught off guard when he escaped that when the head of the group said "he got to the chopper" I laughed.

Not Netflix but TBS--anybody watching the new season of WRECKED? I love this show! It's so insanely stupid and asinine I enjoy just turning off my brain and watching it.

Tramps is a sweet, little film about a love blooming between two young people in a botched heist scheme. Good little movie and one I recommend.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back