Netflix Recommendations Thread

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm starting this Netflix thread for our community to share and recommend movies that Netflix subcribers can check out on instant streaming. I can't count how many times I would have missed out on a good flick if it wasnt for a recommendation from one of our memebers. Please excuse me if this thread has been done before. I did some searching and didn't seem to find anything.

I'm currently hooked on Breaking Bad instant streaming :thumbsup
I highly recommend these few that I've recently watched
- A Better Tomorrow (Crime)
- Dylan Dog (sci-fi)
- Troll Hunter (Fictional documentary)
- Limitless (Suspence thriller)

So let's hear what we should check out!

For a long while there it was the only thing on there besides television shows and B movies.
The selection is getting slowly better.

I watched Ironclad the other day based upon someone's recommendation. Not a bad movie at all, and James Purfoy and Brian Cox are in it.

What is IronClad about? I watched a goofy 80's flick called Dead Heat that was recommended by a member here. Its about two over the top cops trying to solve a crime but early on in the process one becomes a zombie lol

A fantastic series I can't recommend any more highly most folks may be already familiar with called Spaced was recently added to instant streaming, this series was the creative brainchild of Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Jessica Hynes.

This show is well known for it's flurry of pop culture references, tight pacing, fantastic cinematic direction, characters and story. This show shifts flawlessly from absolute hilarity to genuinely heartfelt and it's a love letter to twenty-somethings everywhere.

Arrested Development

Red State

Louis

Brick

Let the Right One In

Harold and Maude

Network

Drowning Mona

Mr Saturday Night

The Sara Silverman Program

I really like the Swedish versions of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, they are all available on Netflix.

What is IronClad about? I watched a goofy 80's flick called Dead Heat that was recommended by a member here. Its about two over the top cops trying to solve a crime but early on in the process one becomes a zombie lol

Ironclad is basically about the upheaval in England after King John signs the Magna Carta. John basically tries to take revenge on those who forced him to sign it, and a group of men try to stall his advance long enough for the French to show up and kick John out of power. It's pretty much "The Seven Samurai" or "Magnificent Seven" in 1215 England.

Some of my favorite Netflix shows:

Weeds
Any of the Mystery Science Theater movies
IP Man 1 and 2
Brian Regan is a great comedian
The League
Archer
Friday Night Lights
Cop Land
Mad Men
13 Assassins
Craig Fergusson Wee bit o Revolution
The Tudors
Burn Notice
White Collar

Peep show is a great show - but it did take me a while to get into it - I think it was like halfway through the second season it sold itself to me with one line - "She knows about cubits, she's not comfortable in her own skin, she's one of me!" I laughed so hard I almost coughed up a lung.

I'm not sure if it's still on netflix or not but I recommend Black Books to anyone - UK comedy show.

I've been catching up recently on:

BONES
Breaking Bad

And while apparently none of these are streaming anymore I also enjoyed

The King of Kong
Enron: The smartest Guys in the Room
Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price

Nick Swardson's pretend time... and he has a stand up on there too I believe.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back