Netflix Recommendations Thread

Mystery Science Theater: The Return. And another "did I already mention this?", Death in Paradise.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

I would have bet money I already recommended these, but a search says otherwise. "Department Q". A mystery trilogy from Denmark based on books of the same title. The order to watch is The Keeper of Lost Causes, The Absent One and A Conspiracy of Faith. Definitely rated R so put the kids to bed first unless you are cool with them seeing boobs and sex scenes. Also, they are not dubbed so be prepared to read subtitles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Hulu too OT?
There's a very entertaining George Lazenby doc called "Becoming Bond".

I saw that a week or two ago and my and wife and I really enjoyed it. It's a very interesting look at how an Australian with little more than a grade school education and no prior acting experience became the first actor to follow Sean Connery as Bond.

I just caught 13 Assassins for the first time. WOW!! Great movie!!

Also if you're an anime fan One Punch Man is freaking amazing. The music and the animation and art styles are just superb. I'm stoked for season 2.

There is also a chess documentary called Magnus. Sooooo good.

I'd recommend giving "Glow" a go!!!!! I laughed more at the first episode than I did the whole new series of "Archer"!

PS: I'm not really a massive fan of horror movies but I'll watch the occasional one if its interesting enough and not just a slash and gore fest . So I was surprised just how effective "XX" was. Its a series of four short films, written and directed by various very talented female film makers and there are some genuinely disturbing moments . Nothing too original storywise to anyone familiar to the genre but the psychological and character aspects were well above average for these kinds of shorts. One was particularly haunting.

PPS Halfway through "Glow". Anyone who liked the Eighties should really enjoy this.

Last edited:
Holy *****-snacks.I'll give it a try,

I really recommend The Get Down,the series is really good,unfortunately netflix is not going to make the second season :cry

Last edited:
I came to this thread to promote GLOW and I'm glad to see somebody beat me to it.

Even if you're not a wrestling fan, there's a lot to enjoy. Great ensemble cast with a good variety of characters.

If you like GLOW, you'll probably like Maron. I just look at GLOW like he's playing the same character - himself.

"The Truth is in The Stars". William Shatner interviews much smarter people about the impact Star trek has had on society and culture.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back