Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435
Subscribe
    From
    North of Orlando FL. If you cross the river you went too far.
    Sep 2, 2018, 9:14 PM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #851

And now I just finished watching "The Void". A good WTF is going on supernatural horror movie. I fast forwarded through the end credits when I start seeing long columns of names and I think "crowd funding?". I backed it up and sure enough, another successful Indiegogo campaign.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk
  2. Member Since
    Aug 2018
    Sep 3, 2018, 2:44 AM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #852

I enjoyed watching the season 2 of Roman Empire.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Sep 3, 2018, 7:49 AM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #853

Watched elstee 1976 last night, it was pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sep 3, 2018, 10:16 AM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #854

romond said: View Post
    I enjoyed watching the season 2 of Roman Empire.
    Yeah, I watched all of season 2 this morning. Pretty good

...............Except for those darn birds.....................
  5. Iron Heart RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Midwest
    Sep 3, 2018, 5:51 PM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #855

Ozark season 2!
  6. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Northern England,UK
    Sep 4, 2018, 9:48 AM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #856

"Hardcore Henry" just kicked off on Netflix in the UK. Its a hoot, surprisingly funny in a very very, dark way , Sharlto Copley as "Jimmy" often kills it (quite literally)and sheer levels of none stop action will draw you in IF you like first person shooters.
    BUT the violence could be described as a "tad" excessive and will not be for the faint hearted or somebody looking for a deeply meaningful story. A huge body count,then yes definitely this is it ,it often made "Dredd" look positively restrained at times. I've got to say I really enjoyed it most of it ,though the shaky camera aspect did bug me sometimes, but the stunt team deserve a collective medal.
  7. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Northern England,UK
    Sep 5, 2018, 10:13 AM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #857

Again this won't be for everyone, but as somebody who watched Arnie and the OTT action movie go utterly mad in the eighties (even right up to this day to judge from "Hardcore Henry"!!!) I have to say I really enjoyed "Killing Gunther". A dash of alcohol may help some enjoy it better but I laughed far more than I would have expected.
    From
    Sep 6, 2018, 8:19 PM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #858

CutThumb said: View Post
    Again this won't be for everyone, but as somebody who watched Arnie and the OTT action movie go utterly mad in the eighties (even right up to this day to judge from "Hardcore Henry"!!!) I have to say I really enjoyed "Killing Gunther". A dash of alcohol may help some enjoy it better but I laughed far more than I would have expected.
    I enjoyed "Killing Gunther" except for the poison guy. They tried to hard with that character. The disguises were great. And look up Cord Billmond on YouTube. Also,
    I was so caught off guard when he escaped that when the head of the group said "he got to the chopper" I laughed.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk
    Sep 7, 2018, 10:49 AM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #859

Not Netflix but TBS--anybody watching the new season of WRECKED? I love this show! It's so insanely stupid and asinine I enjoy just turning off my brain and watching it.
  10. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    Sep 12, 2018, 12:53 AM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #860

Tramps is a sweet, little film about a love blooming between two young people in a botched heist scheme. Good little movie and one I recommend.
  11. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Northern England,UK
    Sep 16, 2018, 5:16 AM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #861

Not Netflix, but might be on BBC America (its currently showing on the BBC in the UK) .

Killing Eve. Really ,really great characters and writing. Thoroughly entertaining.
    Sep 16, 2018, 1:04 PM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #862

Ozark Season 2, Black Panther, The Inexplicable Universe with Neil Degrasse Tyson, Bleach, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Power of Grayskull.
  13. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    Sep 16, 2018, 2:39 PM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #863

CutThumb said: View Post
    Couple of things well worth a watch:
    "The Drop"- a great turn by Tom Hardy in this, a low key crime thriller that I really enjoyed for many,many reasons.
    "Detectorists". Both seasons are up!!! Great antidote to the miserable winter, its a warm, gentle comedy about metal detectorists in the UK. Some of the jokes perhaps won't translate well across the pond but it really is one of the most charming British comedies I've seen in a while.
    Also recommend. Third and I believe last season is done.
  14. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Northern England,UK
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 18, 2018, 3:06 AM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #864

CessnaDriver said: View Post
    Also recommend. Third and I believe last season is done.
    Yeah, caught the third and last series early this year on the BBC and its a really fitting way to finish it. Seeing Diana Rigg and her daughter in this is ever so slightly strange as I've been watching Diana in "The Avengers" reruns on TV. I had a slight tear in the eye at the very end

I also finished "Killing Eve" last night.

I'd best describe it like Hannibal Lector had a daughter Annabelle , and she grew up like the very twisted stepsister of Jason Bourne, but who is more into the killing, less of the grilling. I'd certainly never heard of the actress Jodie Comer until this series but she is simply mesmerizing as "Villenelle" and scary as hell. The rest of the characters are just as strong and interesting with an overall storyline that is quite gripping at times if not a little unoriginal.
    The scripting and production are excellent, it really has this wierd "Avengers" vibe (the old British slightly surreal spy series, which I have been watching ,not Marvel ) that really works well with score. It kind of reminds me of "Nikita" but way in a darkly comic way. One of the better TV series I've caught this year.
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 23, 2018, 1:05 PM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #865

There is something I have been wondering about with these Netflix series. Since they come out all at the same time, do they film them episode by episode or since they already have the whole story, do they just film it all at the same time? I notice each episode usually has a different director credited, so it would seem they are done one episode at a time. I'm just wondering why they would do it that way. Wouldn't it be cheaper to film all the scenes that require a certain set, then move on to the next set and film all the scenes with it and so on?
    From
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2018, 6:25 PM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #866

I just saw that Monty Python is now on Netflix.
    From
    Walnut, CA
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2018, 10:52 PM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #867

Not so much a Netflix recommendation as much as a Hulu recommendation but Stan Against Evil is something worth checking out if you have Hulu. It stars John C. McGinley as a retired sheriff of a small town whose sheriffs have all died early, often horrible, deaths since the town burned 100 something witches during the time of the Salem witch trials. He must work with his replacement, played by Janet Varney, to try to fight the evils that come to town.

If you like John C. McGinley, particularly in his role on Scrubs, you're going to love this show. As Stan, he's just as snarky and sarcastic, but add on top of that is a grumpy old man (you kids get off my lawn type) and a fair amount of non-PC attitude and you get Stan. And overall, the show has a bit of an Evil Dead Vibe in that's a horror comedy that doesn't try to take itself too seriously.
    From
    NYC
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2018, 2:15 PM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #868

The tv adaptation of The horror of hill house should be available tomorrow on Netflix.
    From
    Northern Ireland
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2018, 4:54 PM - Re: Netflix Recommendations Thread #869

Just watching 22 July,....very harrowing film about the killing of 77 people in Oslo in 2011, directed by Paul Greengrass

A very moving film

J