Netflix Recommendations Thread

So I just watched "Frontline Fighting: Battling ISIS". A good watch, I always love seeing terrorist scum get what they deserve.
Now I'm trying real hard to watch "The Jihadis Next Door" without punching my monitor to pieces. This one is infuriating.

I've never watched Breaking Bad because my brain can't comprehend rooting for a 'hero' who cooks meth.
Meth cookers are scumbags. I've watched friends ruin their lives because of that awful drug.
Making a 'hero' out of a meth cooker is just the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.
Why in the world is this show so popular?

Well, I'm just about to start season 5 and trust me, there are NO heroes in this show. While I will say it IS a great show, and I am totally addicted to it, there is pretty much no one in the show who has any redeemable character traits, almost everyone on the show is an absolute piece of garbage. The only actual likable person is Walt's handicapped son. The only other person who even might be considered a good person is the Hank the DEA brother-in-law. True, he is a big jerk, but of all the rest of the characters, he is the only one (other than the son) who is not involved in illegal activities.

Don't spoil it for me, please-- but really, other than those two, basically everyone on the show deserves to die or spend many many years in prison.

Started watching Prison Break, I know a little late to the game. I've been watching OA with the girlfriend and I'm up to episode 6 but if I wasn't so far in I would quit watching. After every episode I say "this is it. I'm done" but then a small plot point pulls you in to one more

My recommendations are as follows:

Stranger Things
Sherlock, can't wait for S4 to hit Netflix
Daredevil, just finished S1 and can't wait to start on S2
The Crown

An iffy title is AO, my wife and I are a few episodes in but we haven't yet decided if we like it or not, it's a bit slow and it really hasn't gotten to the point where we can say that we really know what the show is actually about.

Has anyone watched A Series of Unfortunate Events? I'm on to episode five and I'm not sure if I love it, but it's definitely entertaining.

I can't say I've seen enough to recommend it and I haven't read the books so no help there, but I can say so far it is a very weird, hilariously dark ride. Netflix has really been knocking these self made productions out of the park.

I couldn't explain AO to anyone until I was about halfway through it. It gets better.

So it's actually worth watching then? I think I'm at episode 3 or 4 and while it's kind of intriguing I haven't figured out what's it all about and whether it's worth continuing or not.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I liked 'I Melt With You'.

If you're under 40 you may not get it.

Dark Matter season 2 had a pretty cliffhanger season ending!

Watched the 1st ep of Travelers and it looked pretty good.
I was going to say that Killjoys is also a fun show with good music, but for some reason Netflix does not have it. I think SyFy is splitting their shows between Netflix and Amazon.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

I've been binging on Orange is the New Black for about a week now. I really didn't think it would be something I would care for, but I find that I really enjoy it.

I've been watching OA with the girlfriend and I'm up to episode 6 but if I wasn't so far in I would quit watching. After every episode I say "this is it. I'm done" but then a small plot point pulls you in to one more

I'm always interested to hear others' reactions to shows like this....though i must say in this case I don't get the ambivalence that's out there for it.

I have personally loved The OA, and am elated to hear that a Season 2 is on the way. I totally get that others may not, but I love it.

At this point, it's the fact that we really don't know for sure what is "real" and what is not that intrigues me. It's far too early for anyone who would otherwise throw their hands up because they don't like a show to "veer from science to spirituality" to make such a determination.

It's still very much open to interpretation, and makes me want to watch it again and again to glean everything i possibly can from what we've been given.

THAT is the mark of a great show for me.

- - - Updated - - -

So it's actually worth watching then? I think I'm at episode 3 or 4 and while it's kind of intriguing I haven't figured out what's it all about and whether it's worth continuing or not.

Everybody's tastes vary, but in my opinion it's well worth the viewing.

I watched the season finally of OA and I was so completely let down. In fact, I let out a "what the $&@!?" but not because I was confused. I was so pissed that I wasted so much time on a series that was so underwhelming and unsatisfying. I went and read some reviews and there is either extreme love for the show or lots of hate, no really in between.

"I don't feel at home in this world anymore".

Really, really likeable and unpredictable (mostly) crime drama. A bit like a Carl Hiaasen story set outside of Florida for a change.

After I finished up Orange is the New Black, someone recommended Wentworth to me--another show about a female prison. I had to give up on it after the first episode. I don't know if my hearing is going, or if it is the sound mix, or just the REALLY thick accents, but I could barely understand anything the characters were saying.

So I'm trying out Shameless. I don't know how far I will go with this one. It's a dramedy about this alcoholic guy with his 6 kids--very R rated. The show is not that bad, but I just find it hard to believe that a family who are as dysfunctional as these people could be getting as much sex as they are. Being a single guy who is currently not getting any--this kind of stuff just depresses me. In the first episode alone there are like 6 sexual encounters. Seriously, even the kids are getting more sex than most grown ups I know. Not sure where this series came from.

Well, Shameless has two versions, the UK original and the US remake. The original had a bunch of slobs and chavs but, as far as I can tell, the remake decided everyone could only be 'Hollywood ugly' i.e 5x hotter than normal (instead of the usual 10)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back