Mythological Costuming?

Immortal Goat

Has anyone here done any mythological costumes? I'm going to (Hopefully) be working at a Medieval Faire next summer, and I want to do something no one has done at this one before, so I'm trying to make a Satyr costume (goat legged guys, for those not in the know). Does anyone have any ideas on where I could find Liquid Latex for the purposes of making my prosthetic hooves (and possibly some facial appliances as well)? Thanks.

Michael's, Hobby Lobby or the like should have some. If you're wanting decent quantities of the stuff, it might be better though to find sources online.

actually, try costume shops first. I've never seen liquid latex at Hobby Lobby. Or check with the Monster Laboratory ezboard, see if they have any sources - but honestly, a costume shop worth its weight in wig heads will have liquid latex and other appliance materials. Fake hair is a must for a satyr, unless you're planning on growing out your own scraggly goatee. ;)

Hobby Lobby does carry the liquid latex. It's the mold builder stuff, so it'll work, but it isn't the quality of the stuff made to make facial appliances wtih. Go to a costume shop, or buy online from Ben Nye, Kryolan, or Mehron.

In another note, I can help you out, for I´ve done a very simple version of a Satyr suit, so I can send you pictures of it if you wish.

May the Force be with you .:)

Hermes.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back