Judge Dredd ABC warrior references

Added in a another build. Every now and then I do a google to see if there's any random ABC builds that might crop up. There's a surprising number out there but not many that get finished :)

Coming up next......ROBOT MAN!! What did you think of the build Smoke? I thought he looked great and really nice work on the suit itself. Very imposing. I'll add it into the list cheers!

Hi, Very Nice indeed!! As a new member of the forum (I have read through it a lot over the weeks) I would like to add my photos of what I am told is the concept model made prior to the working screen used robot seen in VinceVaders post. The story is a friend of mine went along to an auction of props at Shepperton looking for mantle pieces, fireplaces and light fittings from the Art deco era and the model was in one of the lots! I was lucky that the buyers were local to me and a friend pointed out where it was. It mentions in The making of Judge Dredd book that Chris Halls made the concept scale model- I would really like to hear from anyone who could confirm this. He has a few details missing, with some still to put back on from a bag of bits but overall a nice model. Standing about 42 inches plus a 3 inch heavy wooden base. Mainly carved out of MDF on a steel skeleton dressed with antenna cable, tubing and aluminium parts. Nice touch is a battery pack which light up two large Led's in the eyes!

Attachments

• DSCN9549.JPG
    DSCN9549.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 293
  • DSCN9553.JPG
    DSCN9553.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 236
  • DSCN9562.JPG
    DSCN9562.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 252
  • DSCN9558.JPG
    DSCN9558.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 225
  • DSCN9571.JPG
    DSCN9571.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 245
  • DSCN9574.JPG
    DSCN9574.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 207
  • DSCN9556.JPG
    DSCN9556.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 215
  • DSCN9555.JPG
    DSCN9555.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 266
It's a really nice model, lots and lots of detail. I checked the making of book too and there was a concept model made. I must admit I thought the concept model was this one:
tumblr_mbkn0h1wGu1qbg6fto1_1280.png

_TUMBL~1.PNG
I can't remember where I found these images, or if someone else did :). Pretty sure they are in the list of links at the front of this thread. So I wonder if it's a modelling project? Either way it's cool you should put him back together

Greetings oota goota!, Thanks for your response. There certainly references to your photos in the book, one in black & White, but that is different to the working concept or screen used robot. I am led to believe mine is the concept model to see how it would look and then the art department worked on a full scale version and saw a man could not operate something that size. I could be wrong- that's why I thought I'd post. It certainly is very professionally made, contoured woodworking, resin cast fingers and sculpted armour details. Sadly the nameplate was removed prior to the auction. Any other input welcome.:)

Hey Troy yes you're right your model is WAY closer to the finished full scale robot than the pics of the model I posted. Could your model be a transition sculpt from that model to the full size. Perhaps made by the studio who made the full scale? I've forgotten the studio's name it's in the making of book.

As you say it's looks like a really well made model be great to know where it fits in. Good luck!

Hi Catzen. Sorry, but I don't have any leads on Eddyborg, either. I know he's in Mexico and that's about it.Might be on facebook, possibly?

I do love the pictures he posted and he certainly has improved my pep file, especially around the back of the head - made it a lot more rounded. But my pep files are always unlocked, so there's nothing to stop you or anyone else re-sculpting it and improving the accuracy. Hey, it can't be too hard - I didn't start learning Blender till I was nearly 60! :D

ah ok thnx for info. So, i have download Blender and your obj file so i can try my best to update this head. At the moment im looking for really good references in the far of internet.
I guess i use the pics from the orginal movie props. give me some days :)

when you find Eddyborg ask him for the file :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back