Judge Dredd ABC warrior references

Good thread Oota. Just had a read and it looks like this is going to be a BIGGY:lol. We were talking about ROOM for this beast when it's finished. any more thoughts?

Good thread Oota. Just had a read and it looks like this is going to be a BIGGY:lol. We were talking about ROOM for this beast when it's finished. any more thoughts?

ha ha not really. I think that's why I'm making him so he can sit down! Been way to busy to do much more on the bot recently. I've made the other thigh piece but that's about it

Nice one WarPig thanks for tracking it down! I really like that it's got the sound track built into it ha!

It's great motivation I am completely stalled on my robot (wouldn't be the first time) got zero hobby time atm.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. If it wasn't for having to work to pay bills, I'd be working on my stuff. As it is by the time the end of the day comes, all I want is a beer and a nap!

You've done a great job so far - and I'm sure you'll pick it up again in the future. Your build is epic!

Here's a really nice digital model of the head. I bet someone ends up 3d printing the entire robot before I finish :)

wendy-de-boer-abc-warrior-highpoly01.jpg

any time line for your build oota?
not really funboy basically before I die is the overarching timeline I think :) But more seriously I've gotten the bottom half roughed in now so I'm working out how to build the torso. At this stage it's two or three triangles of aluminium that are the main hyrdalic ram things holding up the chest and back armour and then another 'spine' holding up the head assembly and then maybe something to tie these things together. stay tuned!

ha ha yes I'll take a pic. not a hell of a lot to see beyond what's already on this thread. I did a comparison against the kitset model. I think My guys is about 40mm taller that's not too bad I think but I am worried about making the top half out of proportion. MInd you even THINKING about making the top half is progress right?

here's a quick WIP of the lower half of the robot. Like I said before just roughed in at this stage I need to reposition a few things and fix a few things down but you get the idea. I've intentionally made the thigh pieces wider at the back to create the right kind of silhouette instead of relying on pipes and cables to achieve a musculature.

Next step is to ignore this part of the robot and work on the frame that will hold the chest and back and then the frame that will hold the head etc

20180406_140938.jpg20180406_140918.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Annnd here's a cool clip of a 3d printed head build, paint and weathering very nice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc1XiZhSBME

Looking very imposing, Oot! Good idea re making the thigh plates larger - it can be filled in with all sorts of pipes and cables and still have the 'human' touch instead of being too mechanical. If that makes sense...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back