Judge Dredd ABC warrior references

damn you photobucket this thread is buggered!

Anyway found another wearable ABC apparently in Russia

russian abc2.jpg

great thread, one of my top robot's of all time! :love

Thanks funboy it's a rambling derailing mess of a thread and I'm looking forward to seeing where it will go next.

To the handful of ABC devotees who follow this thread I am still chipping away at a full size build. This month I managed to make a thigh piece! That kind of breath taking speed will surely get me a finished robot in no time at all :)

Oota,
I've been away for a couple of years. Glad to see this thread alive and well!
It's weird yet cool that people's interest is faithful, but builds are far and few between. I bet the first person that creates a high-quality 3D model will spark a bunch of print builds...

Oota,
I've been away for a couple of years. Glad to see this thread alive and well!
It's weird yet cool that people's interest is faithful, but builds are far and few between. I bet the first person that creates a high-quality 3D model will spark a bunch of print builds...

Hey Warpig glad to have you back on the thread! Yup its a build that will not go away but it's a complex build lots of curvature and I think that's one of the reasons why there are so few builds out there especially completed ones

A few years ago I got as far as making a foot and a head. But I was really unhappy with the foot :) I have since cut the offending foot up to use as a template to vac form the various pieces. So now I'm vac forming all the armour and things are going reasonably well I am starting to actually glue things together! I'll post some pics once I've made some decent progress.

A good 3d model would be wonderful. I wish we could track down the original/s for more photos and a scan. In the meantime the tsukuda 1/9th scale model is invaluable as well as the pics that folk have offered up here.

Annnnd also I love coming across people's builds on-line. There's varying levels of accuracy but they are all awesome

Last edited:
wow should have done this ages ago. I went through the dvd and took a few more screen shots of the robot. Very useful I can already see some things I will have to change gah!

vlcsnap-2017-08-01-20h32m03s569.png
Nice legs!

vlcsnap-2017-08-01-21h48m14s269.png
the only decent shot of the rear foot assembly. It just shows that the model is very close to the prop. I think the models version is too long though needs to be pulled in a bit
vlcsnap-2017-08-01-21h59m04s415.png
A very rare shot of the back. There's only one more shot in the film of this area damnit!

vlcsnap-2017-08-01-22h11m16s540.png
Another ok shot of the foot. I am stuck in the part of the build so this is useful at the moment

vlcsnap-2017-08-01-22h12m31s297.png
A good look at the guts part :)

ok that'll do for now. I can sense someone out there going ......"hmmmm maybe I should build one of these after all!"

just watched this on Netflix, I don't think I ever noticed there was a second ABC in the pawn shop!?!. I was to mesmerized bye the first one moving and talking. LOL WHY DIDNT HE STEAL BOTH?? he had just killed the owner and had the whole shop to himself. :confused just a retro thought.... :lol

just watched this on Netflix, I don't think I ever noticed there was a second ABC in the pawn shop!?!. I was to mesmerized bye the first one moving and talking. LOL WHY DIDNT HE STEAL BOTH?? he had just killed the owner and had the whole shop to himself. :confused just a retro thought.... :lol

ha ha yeah it looked pretty easy to start the first one up why not just double down :)

It'd would be cool to know why they made two. I'm guessing either one was the sit-down-stand-up robot and the other the more articulated OR one was the main shooting robot and the other a back up if it craps out

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back