Help finding figures or a work around for Hasegawa Ultraman 1/72 Jet Vtol

11B30B4

Hello everyone, I am still working on my 1/350 PL Refit, this is a side project I am doing in preperation to build this model down the road.

I attempted to purchase a Hasegawa Ultraman 1/72 Jet Vtol last year but they were out of stock on Hobby Link Japan. I figured that they would get more stock in but it was later marked as discontinued. Needles to say I found it available on Starship Modeler for about the same price (~36.00) so I jumped on it. I later found out that there was a re-release of this model with the 3 pilots. I can not find one of these kits and I already have the kit sans pilots. So I am looking for as close as possible to the actual figures.
I have attached pics of the kit and a screen shot of the pilots to aid in the search. I expect that I will most likely have to get some WWII pilots and modify them but any help would be appreciated.

10034175a.jpg

280751885_40de7c7b59_m.jpg

AIP-2011-11-10-16h42m13s33.jpg

science_patrol.jpg

Thanks for the help

The problem with jet pilot figures is most have an oxygen mask on the face. I know of a few in 1/48 without the mask, but I can't think of any in 1/72. 1/72 WW2 would work, just make the helmet with epoxy putty.

robn1, thanks for the suggestion. It is most likely what I will end up doing.

Proper, thanks for the link. I also looked around and found several W/ subs but the price was always up there and when you add in shipping you are above 90.00. Too steep for me at this time.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back