Black Widow / Scarlett Johansson bust WIP

Yeah, it's scary when it can be left alone and be passable, but I don't like it to be just that.
By the way, here it is as it stands now:
24COMP.jpg

I'm not sure, but her face reads a bit on the narrow side now and Scarlett Johansson always had a bit of a wide face.

A few things regarding the mouth area. The philtrum is still too deep, it should pretty much be flat or flatter across it. And either side of her upper mouth area seems too concave now and could use with a slight adding of material from the corner of her mouth up to the philtrum. Her brow could be wider and flatter too and some more material could be removed from the inside upper lip to create that slightly parsed lips look of the ref picture. But it would perhaps not be the best option to work on those before getting the shape of the head right.

Thanks again guys for the input.
I did some more work on her today:
25COMP.jpg

I'm pretty close to finally putting some texture on the sculpt (including the lips ;)), but still have a few more tweaks to do.

Another suggestion I could make is to add a little material in the area between the cheek, inner eyelid and nose ridge - that just seems a slight bit sunken in on both sides.

looks amazing,
Suggestions:
left eye retouch or makeup
smooth between nose and mouth
stretch lower lip at sides
depress a lil bit face between mouth and chick bone
texure lip
eyebrows looks cloned, not in model (I understand that its better for the look)

anyway, I can not do anything near , so congrats, and my suggestion are take it or leave it, just to improve your sculpt, anyway ... it's impressive, and you got, incredible skills

Thanks!
I think I'm ready to start the texture work in my next sitting, so here's what it looks like with some more slight tweaks:
28.jpg

I can never get the lighting the same, so the shadows will not match, but I think I got her features as close as I can get them. I have to wrap this up before I go crazy:lol

Last edited:
Thanks bud. The left eye kept bugging me, so I used a mirror to check for symmetry and alignment and found it was set a bit low, so Ive since moved it up and resculpted it. I'll shoot another pic tonight.

Thanks Abaris!

Too Much Garlic - It's really hard to match the picture perfectly, from the size of the picture to getting the exact angle.

It's not just that... the camera distance in both shots are different. Were you about 4-5 feet away from your sculpt? The shot of the real actress may have been farther back but zoomed in. Due to the closer camera distance to your sculpt, your shot suffers from perspective distortion, which will then give you a real hard time nailing down proportions properly.

I usually tell people - whether photographing Fett, Vader or Iron Man - to stand at least 6-7 feet back. Nobody listens. :behave

Beautiful work though. Love how the sculpt's turning out!

Thanks for the tips guys!
Here's a shot of the sculpt from about 5 feet away.
I realize it is impossible for me to get this perfect, so I just have to accept that, but I'm hoping to at least have it "close" and recognizable.
Again, lighting and angle is not a perfect match, and I still have not textured the lips.
29comp.jpg

Damn, ScarJo is getting better and better, you are a real artist! Maybe a nose needs a little tweaking, but it will be a masterpiece, Scarlett should know about your work ;-)

Great work Vash... You're an artist that shares my passion for perfection.

Hope you don't mind me adding my imput.. heres a little PS of the eyes I did and a very few very minor tweaks...

29compcyb.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back