Black Widow / Scarlett Johansson bust WIP

Here is what I mean.....

View attachment 78974

View attachment 78975

Other than these 3 corrections, the rest of the bust is dead on, I just think that these minor corrections will make a major differenece in the sculpt. ScarJo has one major distinct feature....Her eyes. The eyes need to be perfect. The upper lip and the philtrum just need to be softened. The center of the upper lip bulges just tad.

Reel

Last edited:
Here's the latest, still need to do more. The philtrum has been softened, but due to the sheen of the clay, the lighting makes it look sharp.
16comp.jpg

It's the closest I can possibly do, so I hope it's at least close.

Ely

VERY good likeness - only two things that look a touch off to me: 1) her cheek bone could be raised slightly, compared to the photo of her - and 2) your sculpt looks a little like she's pursing her lips... I'm not sure exactly what is making it look that way - maybe her bottom lip is a tad too large/full. Maybe try to get that slight gap between her lips too, so they dont look as forced shut (if any of that makes sense).

Dont get me wrong - its amazing as is - but I know guys like you strive for perfection and your so close. Staring at these for too long can make you blind to what needs adjusting.

I've tried replicated 3 or 4 human faces in my day and still dont come close to the skill you have :thumbsup

Good catch. Parting the lips slightly will also automatically make the lower lip the right size, if you are careful only to remove material from that.

Thanks again for the suggestions, I was worried about working on the lips, but I think I got it as close as I can now. I've given up trying to match the angle of the picture exactly since every millimeter movement of the camera changes the picture.
Still got a lot of work to do (have to plump up the tip of the nose a bit), and I'll try to get it as close with other angles as well.
So what do you guys think, is this angle close enough to pass?

17comp2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks a lot better there, IMO. Looks more now like the natural shape of the lips, and less like someone trying to push their lips out to look bigger :thumbsup

Looking great!

There's one thing I notice, and perhaps it's just how thick her eyelashes are, but the folds above her eyelids seem to meet much closer on the outer corner of the eyes kinda like below...
scarjohaneyes.jpg

Had to use black, for some reason no other colors are working in Paint...

Thanks again guys!
Been working hard on this to get it finished, but still quite a ways to go.
I'm sure you guys are tired of seeing the same angle, so here's another comp showing the front WIP:
19comp2.jpg

Still a lot of refining to go. . . painstaking, but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Thanks for the kind words guys!
However, as always, my OCD kicked in and I didn't like how my sculpt wasn't matching other angles as well as the reference I was given to base the sculpt on.
So I hacked up the face and reworked the shape and structure again.
Don't worry though, I feel I actually made the right decision to do this or else I wouldn't be happy with the outcome.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back