Black Widow / Scarlett Johansson bust WIP

Thanks Abaris!

Too Much Garlic - It's really hard to match the picture perfectly, from the size of the picture to getting the exact angle.
That's why I think I'm one of the rare few that actually post side by side comparisons of the sculpture to the reference picture. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment :D
However, I do think that the left cheek bone (right in the picture) does need a bit of plumping. I'll get to that on my next sitting. Thanks and please keep the suggestions coming.

I can definitely see that your bust is turned a slight bit more towards the left (right in the picture) than the reference, but it is very minute, but can explain some of the extreme discrepancy in that line drawing example. Buffing the left cheek might be a good option, but I don't think as much as the line drawing suggests is needed. Trying to think 3-dimensionnaly it seems things line up pretty well, otherwise. The separater (sorry, don't know the term) between the nostrils could be pulled up a bit and made flatter and the cleft (philtrum?) softened a bit.

Man... looking at the row of sculpts in your signature banner... just awesome pieces.

another great sculpt mate, your really nailing these liknesses , looking forward to your work in 2012 even more :)

I gotta add that it's great to see an artist excepting peoples critique as well as you do mate
congrats on another great great female sculpt, as was said before on the Mila not many people do the female likness here but your making these look so easy ;) keep up the great work

Thanks Abaris!

Too Much Garlic - It's really hard to match the picture perfectly, from the size of the picture to getting the exact angle.
That's why I think I'm one of the rare few that actually post side by side comparisons of the sculpture to the reference picture. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment :D
However, I do think that the left cheek bone (right in the picture) does need a bit of plumping. I'll get to that on my next sitting. Thanks and please keep the suggestions coming.

VERY well taken!
TMG nice "plain" method of comparison. Simple is often best.

Overall Vash, it's awesome. You have mad skills.
sbiting_100-1081.gif

Thanks guys!
I did a major overhaul on the sculpt, mainly pushing back the chin area as well as softening the forehead/brow. It doesn't look like it in the pictures but it was a lot of work.
Anyway, I had some fun with photoshopping in the eyes and hair, and I think she's starting to get there. Still need to refine the lips etc. but at least I'm seeing her now.
13photoshop.jpg

Holy crap. That's amazing. As your threads progress, it always gets harder to tell if some of the photos are of your sculpture or of the real thing.

I agree you can def already see her 100% but the lips do look a little full and the philtrum may be a bit to pronounced. Just MO of course and looking very nice like all your stuff Ely. ;) Looks like your going for this pose.

scarlett-johansson-iron-man-2-black-widow-2.jpg

cant get enough of her........... ill be in my bunk

Thanks again guys!
I've been doing a bit of work on her today.
My wife grabbed one of her wigs and threw it on the sculpt and I had to see it with eyes/brows. Man I'm finally starting to see Scarlett coming through now, so I know I'm getting close ;)
15haircomp.jpg

You're doing great work, Vash.

Comparing your new pics to the photo of Scarlett above them, the top lip could be bigger. Also, the philtrum less defined and the area between the bridge of her nose and her eyes softer.

I think the lips are perfect. Don't change a thing!

I'm afraid I have to disagree here. This is what I see.

1. The Philtrum needs to be softened a bit
2. The Top lip needs to be reduced in the center.
3. The corner of the eyes (tear duct) needs to be sharper.

I'll post pics of what I mean.

Reel

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back