Black Widow / Scarlett Johansson bust WIP

WOW Ely!

She is looking great so far!

I would suggest that when you take your photos of your sculpt to try and match the same lighting as your source material. That way you can compare how the shadows are falling. I think that the lips are actually closer to your source photo than they appear, due to the dark shadow under the bottom lip. :cool

°Jeff

CAMPer

There it is!:love I was wondering when this would pop up.

I agree that the bottom lip needs to be toned down. Perhaps the corners of the eyes a little sharper. She has very distinct features. Eyes and lips are the most recognizable.

Reel

That's a very good likeness already. I would perhaps widen her brow and the top of her skull a bit, as it looks a bit narrow up above her eyebrows. Other than that I'm just gonna sit back and watch your magic unfold.

If I could mention one thing. Her eyes should have a kind of slant to them, looking to be lower in near the nose than out towards the temples. You have them looking rather straight across.

Thanks for the compliments and critiques. I work slowly, but know that I've noted those areas already and will making the changes a section at a time.
I will be focusing on the lips on the next sitting and will be working on the eyes afterward, since I want to get those just right.
Keep the critiques coming though just in case I missed something.

Ely

You are a total professional Ely. Not only because of your work, but also of you acceptance of critiques, and how your work is never rushed or forced. Whoever is receiving this, is one lucky person to have this sculpt in your hands.

Woah!!!
This is my first peek into the replica props forum (been mostly over at general modelling)

The is a good thread to start on! I'm in total awe.

This is fantastic work, really incredibly lifelike (to the point of almost creeping me out, lol)
I'm full of admiration for those of you who can sculpt such organic shapes as I'm kinda limited to what I can work out on paper and measure out with a ruler.
Maximum respect to you for this work of art. :) :thumbsup

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, it's a hectic few months with the holidays, so things are moving a bit slow.
Still working on getting the eyes and lips to the right proportions (yes I still need to reduce the bottom lip a bit ;)), but here's a bit of progress on it:
11comp.jpg

Just read over the comments and thanks again for the compliments guys :).
Brundlefly- I'm using Roma Plastilina oil based clay since that's what I'm most comfortable working with.

To everyone else - I may be adding a bust to her after the initial head sculpt commission, so stay tuned ;)

To everyone else - I may be adding a bust to her after the initial head sculpt commission, so stay tuned ;)

With BIG... details! :lol

BTW, maybe it's just the picture, but it looks like the bottom lip of your sculpt is a little bit bigger than the real one. Everything else looks awesome as always :):thumbsup

This is probably the worst and most misleading line drawing I've tried to make, 'cause I really can't see that big a difference in your sculpt to the actress as this line drawing suggests. Though, in case it may be helpful, I decided to post it anyway and I'm sure, as skilled an artist as you are, that you can take from it what is helpful, if any, and just ignore the rest.

11comp.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back