got DK's SW Complete Visual Dictionary, but...

Guitaryojedi

I just got DK's "Star Wars Complete Visual Dictionary" today, and I'm very disappointed... This book is just combinations of previously released "Visual Dictionary", and that's all. Well, there are "Cut-Away R2" and detail illustration of "Sarlacc", but not much.

I expected totally new "Complete Saga Visual Dictionary" with lots of new pics, but when I open up the first page, I was stunned. If you got previous Visual Dictionary(EP.I, II, III, and Original Trilogy), you might not need this one.

Guitaryojedi

That's pretty much what we were led to believe - that it would basically be a collection of the old ones with a (very) few new pages added.

David

That's all I expected as well.

Besides the R2 and Sarlacc sections there were a couple new spreads covering Rebel soldiers and Cantina characters. Those were nice additions and most notable for prop builders. Rebel section shows the Hoth pistol and a rifle (I think it was Endor IIRC). Cantina section has nice pics of Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan blasters - for the first time they are given official names as well.
I didn't buy the book, but if it gets marked down later I might pick it up.
It'd be handy reference having all the books in one.

Yeah, sometimes when I'm showing my Lightsaber collection I have to juggle 3 or 4 books showing the photo of the film prop in the actors hand next to my prop for comparison. It would be nice to have all the reference material in one book.

I'll probably wait for a price drop as well.

>Probe Droid

Whoa. I missed that topic, damn it :cry
Thanks for the info anyways.

Like I said if you don't have previous VDs, this one comes handy though.

I should check RPF more often :p

Are there any new names in them ?

Like the female X-Wing Pilot, Bearded Rebel commando, Evazan's Blaster, Utapau Spider, .. ?

<div class='quotetop'>(foxbatkllr @ Sep 26 2006, 01:05 AM) [snapback]1326315[/snapback]</div>
I appreciate the new book. I don't have any of the other VD's so I'm really glad they came out with an all-in-one book.
[/b]

Good point...

<div class='quotetop'>(Kris @ Sep 26 2006, 10:33 PM) [snapback]1326964[/snapback]</div>
Are there any new names in them ?

Like the female X-Wing Pilot, Bearded Rebel commando, Evazan's Blaster, Utapau Spider, .. ?
[/b]

Like I mentioned the Evazan name is in there if someone who has the book could chime in with the new blaster names.
Female X-Wing pilot? I don't remember ever seeing one in the movies.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back