Sculpting a new mask, Chewie!

takevin

Sr Member
This is my first real sculpt to this degree, as far making a animal of sorts, instead of just a mask. Also its the start of my chewbacca costume. Still doing some alignment and such. It will have a undermask which will be vacuum formed, and then a layer of dragonskin, which is similar to latex, but is very strechable so I will have a working jaw. Basically when my jaw opens, the undermask will close by two springs, one on each side of the inner mouth. I will have this part done in a few days and go from there. Sorry the pics are a bit crappy, was in a rush, ill take better ones when its done. Also starting on the bandolier this week too. :) whatcha think?

<div class='quotetop'>(takevin @ Sep 25 2006, 11:17 AM) [snapback]1325730[/snapback]</div>
whatcha think?[/b]
I think it's an ambitious and exciting project. I also think it's too early for me to say much about your sculpt, except that you appear to be off to a good start. :)

Also, it looks as if the date is set incorrectly on your camera. Or did you actually start this project more than a year ago? :confused

Looking forward to more. :thumbsup

You should take a look at the mouth pieces used in the old Planet of the Apes movies, looking almost like half a coconot shell cut in half on the face, as that is the same as was used on the Chewbacca face, with a little modding. Hope this helps and keep us posted.

Planet.jpg
Chewbacca.jpg

no just need to change the date of the camera, lol, just started this project last week. ;) Also, yes the mouth area is coconut shaped, Im working on that area now, also to move the nose area, it was a bit off center. :) Ive been doing a lot of research, and have gathered up just about every pic there is of Chewbacca.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back