Halo 4 Master Chief helmet

I never have posted here but figured I would post pics of my Halo 4 Master Chief helmet I just finished peping, Im not sure if the actuall game model helmet will look exactly like this one but it does look close to the Halo 4 promo pics, I will eventually get this finished up I have to work on it in between working on 3 other builds im working on at the moment hope you guys like it, also the file was made by Harnor

DSC05037.jpg

DSC05035.jpg

DSC05039.jpg

DSC05034.jpg

Thanks for the comments, All I have managed to do so far is rein the outside of the helmet and harden it with casting resin, I'll post pics as soon as I have noticable progress

Thanks guys, I am slowly getting work done on this helmet, it has a bunch of tsmall area to do body work on so it is time consuming, I need to get some pics so I'll try to post progress pic tomorrow

Looks quite interesting...although I'm dying to know, how did he get that armor upgrade? *crosses finger for some form of reveal soon!*

Looks quite interesting...although I'm dying to know, how did he get that armor upgrade? *crosses finger for some form of reveal soon!*

The latest Halo novel, Glasslands, set after Halo 3 has a brief throw away line that I think 343 Industries had slipped in there setting up a possible explanation for the new armor the Chief is wearing in the trailer.

At one point, after suiting up SPARTAN II Naomi-010 in her MJOLNIR armor a comment is made along the lines of “MJOLNIR armor has nanites in it that will repair and update the armor while a SPARTAN is in cyro-sleep.”

Looks like 343i might be setting us up to explain away the Chief’s new armor by saying it fixed and upgraded itself while he was in Cyro between Halo 3 and 4.(Even though we have never heard anything about any sort of nano-technology at all before in the Halo Universe :rolleyes )

The latest Halo novel, Glasslands, set after Halo 3 has a brief throw away line that I think 343 Industries had slipped in there setting up a possible explanation for the new armor the Chief is wearing in the trailer.

At one point, after suiting up SPARTAN II Naomi-010 in her MJOLNIR armor a comment is made along the lines of “MJOLNIR armor has nanites in it that will repair and update the armor while a SPARTAN is in cyro-sleep.”

Looks like 343i might be setting us up to explain away the Chief’s new armor by saying it fixed and upgraded itself while he was in Cyro between Halo 3 and 4.(Even though we have never heard anything about any sort of nano-technology at all before in the Halo Universe :rolleyes )

Oh really? Thanks a bunch for sharing that, at least it makes a bit more sense, to me the new armor somewhat resembles dead space haha

Just a small update, Im working on 3 diffrent projects at the moment one being and ODST Build, so progress on this helmet has been a bit slow but I have managed to work on it here and there so far I hardened it with Smooth Cast 320 and resined the outside with fiberglass resin now im just getting everything smoothed out but with all the details on the helmet sanding in those areas is a pain so it really slows down progress but im about done with the smoothing process then comes the detail process, I still need to cut out the visor so I can work on the frame around the visor which you can see in the pics, still looks a little ruff, I should have the smoothing process done here in a few days
Thanks for checking this out

DSC05081.jpg

DSC05080.jpg

DSC05079.jpg

DSC05078.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. There are some slight bumps, but, eh, who am I to judge? From the pics, be careful around the visor. Still, awesome build, definitely would not mind getting my hands on the pdo files.

I know I haven't updated in a while, but I have started doing all the detail work on the helmet, Im about halfway done, hope you guys like it, next update should be completed, I hope

DSC05120.jpg

DSC05113.jpg

I still need to finish details under the brim and make the indents in the mouth part of the helmet
DSC05112.jpg

Back of the helmet, im working with very limited refrence pics and also the pep model is not exact to existing pictures, so this is the best I can do on the back, I still have a few details to add
DSC05114.jpg

Top of the helmet, I still need to use some epoxy clay on the bumps to make them look like refrece photos I have, im refering to the 2 raised area towards the middle top of the helmet
DSC05117.jpg

The visor that is in the helmet is just stuck in place, I plan to use a gold visor once the helmet is completed, this is just a temporary one till the helmet gets molded

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back