judge dredd helmet (scrath build) WIP

diamonddizz

Hey guys! so i thought id share my scratch build so far find and out what you guys think, feed back is appreciated, so its still a work in progress still getting into costume building etc so im new to it! this is made using the WOF boba template, modified a bit, used card for that, and i used foam board for the badge and just sanded in the notches! going to resin for a lil re-enforcement and smother it with a bit of P38 body filler. hopefully have more pics up soon!!! ps sorry for the bad pics!!!

Great start, Mate!!! It's already immediately recognisable. I will definitely be following this thread. Clever idea to adapt another helmet template!!!
On a side note, how long have you lived in "Yorkshire, englang"?:)
Regards,
Darren

Great start, Mate!!! It's already immediately recognisable. I will definitely be following this thread. Clever idea to adapt another helmet template!!!
On a side note, how long have you lived in "Yorkshire, englang"?:)
Regards,
Darren

HAHA cheers for pointing that out haha englang!!!! and cheers man, im hoping for the best result, but its like my second attempt, started a boba helmet but put that on hold lol!

Just remember, thin coats of body filler with a sanding in between each coat. This is going to ROCK!

ive just applied a light layer of resin to the out side, and will do the inside tomorrow, now, how many layers of filler you recon? and is there any type you would recommend? should i cover the whole outside with filler? sorry for all the questions, i guess i just wanna get i right the first time lol

Hey guys, so done a lil more on the lid, aint had much time to work on it so im finding time as and when! so ive put a layer of body filler and given it a sand and added a second layer, heres so pics, sorry for bad phone pics!

I was thinking of doing a Judge dredd helmet for my next atttempt. your thread has come along at the right time for me. great minds think alike eh? :lol

I always like these builds. I think it would be epic if you could get a group together and do a squad of Judges and the Family of believers (cant remember the name) and do a mock fight.

*Amazing minds think alike lol!! how are you doing yours?

and cheers aradia!!
after searching the internet untill I thought my eyes would start to bleed I found a pepakura of a Dredd helmet by someone calling himslef 'Old Trenchy' on a website called [SA – ACG] Pepakura Workshop - Guild Forums - Page 2

which stands for 'austrialian costumers guild' he has a bunch of different masks and helmets on his thread and is happy for people to download them from this link

Index of /costumes/pep/files

im using a mac and atm i dont have access to using pep unfortunately which is why im scratch buiding it,whichis why im thinking over and over what im doing, but at the same time wanna get it done for xmas, so if it turns out good ill give it to a mate, (hes a big dredd fan, comic version may i add lol) im trying to stick to a budget too, but doing so i have come across a problem, i used a 1mm thick card, knew i shoulda gone for a lil thicker as its flexing causing the filler to crack only minutely, or i shoulda used more resin,eitherway, to battle that i have put a lil bit of fibreglass mating and resin inside to strengthen the lid, which will make it easier to sand! learn from my mistakes dudes!!!!

Looking good so far.
Dredd is something I would like to try in the future so I'm interested on seeing how this turns out. :thumbsup

I'll be taking notes. any idea on how you'll make the visor? or is it way to soon to be even thinking about that.

dude! i aint thought to far ahead lol altho, i was thinking around the lines of a grinding mask/tinted safety mask, but aint thinking too much, im gonna get some more pics up fri hopefully!!!

and thanks stew! i think ima ,make another after this,iron out the creases sort of speak, hell, if it turns out good, maybe ill look into casting/moulding a few. . .

:$ heh. I did get a little preemptive there didn't I. I blame it on emphusiasm and caffeine. I'll keep a look out for face sheilds or masks and let you know if I spot any and where.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back