NIKE MAG Knockoffs

to say that I am eager to see these is an understatment. I usually am VERY reserved and patient about jumping onto buying a prop but something about these struck me differently. It's a gut feeling I have. I hope that feeling is just not indegestion...;)

I feel like I'm trading on a commodities market watching everyone snatching these up, making the price go up. :lol

-Nick

EDIT: I just bought a single pair through LebronJames10 since they still seem to have the best deal out there. Worst comes to worst, I'll do what you're planning Brad and take it up with my credit card company.

Last edited:
Not sure if most of you have or seen the V1 kmag but the inside material is the exact same material on the official Nike mags so if we're lucky they will put that material on the outside this time, I have high hopes for these also but worst case scenario do as others have mentioned, salvage what you can and be happy they made a second version, end of the day if there ****e, moan.. They will no doubt release another pair next year, 23 year wait I'm sure another year won't exactly feel like much.

That guy in that video link says the nike mags are 5grand because there such good quality ect, actually (as you all probbly know) they were upwards of 5 grand to raise money for his foundation after all if they sold them for a few hundred dollars they wouldn't exactly have got very far even if google tripled the auctioned off price.

No one should say there going to be crap until they have seen them, but at the same time don't get your hopes up who knows what they will end up looking like, just keep your heads up! Patience can be a wonderful thing.

Not sure if most of you have or seen the V1 kmag but the inside material is the exact same material on the official Nike mags so if we're lucky they will put that material on the outside this time, I have high hopes for these also but worst case scenario do as others have mentioned, salvage what you can and be happy they made a second version, end of the day if there ****e, moan.. They will no doubt release another pair next year, 23 year wait I'm sure another year won't exactly feel like much.

That guy in that video link says the nike mags are 5grand because there such good quality ect, actually (as you all probbly know) they were upwards of 5 grand to raise money for his foundation after all if they sold them for a few hundred dollars they wouldn't exactly have got very far even if google tripled the auctioned off price.

No one should say there going to be crap until they have seen them, but at the same time don't get your hopes up who knows what they will end up looking like, just keep your heads up! Patience can be a wonderful thing.

the material on the knockoff mags is nothing like the real mags whatsoever.

The knockoff mags have faux leatherette glued to thin eva type foam,then the inner is a sports shoe "tricot" type fabric commonly used on other Nike's and many other brands. Its got air mesh holes and is very soft, with a very thin foam backing to it.

The inner part was the best part of the knockoff shoe, its very hard to find that fabric in retail, its mainly made for sportswear and shoes only.

The fabric on the real mags is completely different, its a particular grey fabric which is used both on the outside and the inside of the shoe. So basically the inner and outer fabric is just one fabric, unlike most sneakers which have a different fabric for the lining.

Most of the movie shoes didn't even have a lining, just plain foam showing inside. For the "money" shot of the power lacing moment, I think that pair had some lining in it.

As i said "The inside material" not outside, well to me it looks the same.

The outside material is what they put in spacecrafts I think..
:)

As i said "The inside material" not outside, well to me it looks the same.

The outside material is what they put in spacecrafts I think..
:)

the "inside" material of the knockoff mag is air mesh fabric, its not even remotely like the official nike mag outer fabric.

look at some closeup pictures of both, and you can clearly see the difference.

If you had that air mesh tricot fabric as an outer fabric, they would look ridiculous.

the are only used for inner linings as they are very soft.

I believe the only reason the official mags used one fabric for both inner and outer is that its not even intended to be worn as a daily shoe. Its only a "prop" as they originally stated. Still, I guess its very confortable anyway, you would hardly be in discomfort, especially with a good pair of socks.

Oh my bad then I could have sworn they looked the same, I agree with you though airair, the inner fabric is the best part of the shoe.

Oh man all this talk is really leading me to buy a pair >< though I have ordered a different pair of shoes from similar "Chinese run" sites. And they sent the wrong pair and would not let me send them back for what I originally ordered, or let me refund. I am hoping this will not be the case.

Count me happy to have the real thing....
ItsaboutTime.jpg

lol I think its a waste of money to have real ones. You cant enjoy them like real shoes because when wearing them (if ever worn) theres always a tendency to hold back and not be casual with the shoes.

Congrats! You spent a couple thousand on a pair of shoes....Most of us aren't in that 1% of having that kinda cash laying around. I'll wait for the exact replicas...like "Punisher" stated you can't enjoy them like real shoes.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back