Star Wars Exhibit back in Southern California

Saw this with my son when it was in LA.

The Discovery Science Center was one of his favorite places when he was a little-little kid- He's 16 now, so we're gonna have to go this year for sure.

This makes me want to find a Sandcrawler kit to buy and build.

Saw this with my son when it was in LA.

The Discovery Science Center was one of his favorite places when he was a little-little kid- He's 16 now, so we're gonna have to go this year for sure.

This makes me want to find a Sandcrawler kit to buy and build.

Likewise... My boy is now 12, but we're going tomorrow.

Anyone know if the crowds are still large/lines long...?

Likewise... My boy is now 12, but we're going tomorrow.

Anyone know if the crowds are still large/lines long...?

Last week, the lines were moderately long--20 minutes or so to get tickets--so I'd get them online, but I don't know if the separate ticket for the exhibit can be had online. The line to get into the exhibit gets long enough to stretch through the whole place, but since you have a set time, when they start letting people in, you will get in within about 10 minutes once they let your time in, and they don't rush you out, so getting in 10 minutes late doesn't cut your time down once you're in. And in case you don't know, there is a separate exhibit outside that costs even more money (the main exhibit is inside the main building). I waited in line at the place outside for about 10 minutes before someone set me straight about where the real deal is. You know you're going a SW exhibit, there's a big extra building outside that is obviously for SW, I wasn't the only one who made that mistake. My other mistake was actually paying to get in. My wife told me later that as a teacher, I get in for free. So I'll be going back soon.
Mike Todd

I dunno about the one outside. It's called the Millennium Falcon Experience and I think you sit in a cockpit mock up and go into hyperspace or something. Also, I saw something about a MF model in there. Since the 5-footer is in the main exhibit, I guess the other model might be the 32-incher. Has anyone else been in there?

Oh ****** if the 32-incher is there I'm going right back...

It is indeed the Falcon cockpit experience, which I passed on last time, as well as today.

The 32-inch Falcon was not at this exhibit three years ago, and everything else is pretty much identical. Took loks of pics, but haven't downloaded them yet. Just got back.

In 2010 I went to Huntsville,Alabama ,Space and rocket museum and seen all of those ,it was spectacular,and ultimately breathtaking ,I walked back and forth till my feet ached ,they had all the same set up as whats in these photos ......brings back great memories.........

Judging from the pics, this is the same collection that was in Houston several years ago. The 32" Falcon was not part of it, but this one was:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/Treadwell_Jay/falc_1-0.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/Treadwell_Jay/SW exhibit/DSCN1374.jpg
My hunch is that's what's in the outside building.

The palm-sized Falcon is in the display case that has the Blockade Runner and Y-Wing.

But I agree- I really do not believe the 32-inch bird is there.

I caught a flier for this at a local stand and picked it up absent-mindedly figuring it was nothing...don't know why I thought that...

Guess I'm going to this...I'd be stupid not to...

Just to be clear, I only guessed the model in "experience" building might be the 32-incher, since that comes to mind. But it could be anything. It could be one of those finished Fine Molds kits (the ones they sell already built) and 98% of people going in would be amazed. So who knows. When I go back in a week or two (got nothing to do on Pro Bowl Sunday since no real football is happening), I'll plop down the $5 bucks and check it out. And we better reach Alderaan on time--it's a peaceful planet, for god's sake!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back