The Smugglers Room - Star Wars Themed Prop & Rec Room

Re: The Smugglers Room - Entertainment Room (Update 1/8/12 sorry, tons of pics)

Man, Fuzzy was my nickname in Highschool & College, you are the first to call me that in like 10 years! Love it!!!!! The Fuzz is BACK BABY!!!:lol

lookin' good, Fuzzy :D

Man, Fuzzy was my nickname in Highschool & College, you are the first to call me that in like 10 years! Love it!!!!! The Fuzz is BACK BABY!!!:lol

Happy to bring back memories for you :)

now back to work! I'm looking forward to seeing this room finished :D

This is so frakin' awesome, can't wait to see how it turns out. Wish I had the huts to do this to my house, maybe I will after seeing you finish yours out.
Later,
T

Re: The Smugglers Room - Entertainment Room

Well this may seem an odd update, but I thought since it is totally part of the basement project, I would go ahead and show it.

Every single switch and button that goes into the basement project; from those great old school arcade buttons, to simple low voltage toggle switchs, will have a function in the system. I have an extensive lighting and audio video system that I wanted the project to interact with. Some functions are just simply sound effects and others funny lighting effects, but my hope is that people can push buttons, and flip switches at will with results.

So, I thought I would show off the equipment system on this thread, so that later when I refer to it, you'll all know what I mean

I'll try to get front shots of the racks later, when the room is better prepared for photos. Lots of blinking lights:eek

6674294513_ca893105be_b.jpg

6674296347_d092c4f0e2_b.jpg

6674297061_65b56b2c07_b.jpg

6674295419_f68a1cfc94_z.jpg

Now where's the window with fiber optic stars? ;)

LOVE the rack. I've got to set something up like that in my place...

Well, I got some more work done this weekend. I am not sure if this is really worth posting, but I'm going to give it a go anyway:love

These are the base units in progress:

6746886431_4a1cb3b8e2_b.jpg

6746887249_54f06a3a18_b.jpg

6746886787_8d4b83e0cc_b.jpg

6746888627_f598cd2980_b.jpg

6746889993_9c9d698392_b.jpg

You should cover the outlets with a door or something, and put "EPS conduit" or terminal or something like that on it.

Very impressive so far, my wife and I plan on doing something similar in our house eventually. I'll be watching this build with interest. :thumbsup

Are you using wood glue to secure most of that wood, or am I just missing the staples? (I noticed your staple gun in one of your other pics)

You should cover the outlets with a door or something, and put "EPS conduit" or terminal or something like that on it.

I was trying to decide how to integrate the outlets, I wanted some way of hiding them as well as giving an interesting appearance when they are not in use.

I have a plan, and drawings for the design of the basement, but alot of what is being built is flying by the seat of my pants. Just having fun with it on each step. But once I get to the fun part, the greeblie assembly :love that's when this is going to be great!

Are you using wood glue to secure most of that wood, or am I just missing the staples? (I noticed your staple gun in one of your other pics)

I am using a ton of wood glue:eek, not really:lol Mostly it is a combination of wood glue, and a Bradley Nailer. Basically its finishing nails, so can't really see them. Nail it, add a little puddy/filler and good to go.

Great Googley Moogley! That is what I call a setup. That is some impressive wiring and equipment setup.:love:love:love

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back