The Smugglers Room - Star Wars Themed Prop & Rec Room

Re: The Smugglers Room - Full Scale Entertainment Room

I definitely have to subscribe to this thread -pure awesome.

It would be a very hard sell to get my wife on board with a project this big. It would also be difficult to leave such an awesome build behind if I had to move for some reason. Is it at all practical to design the sections in a way that you could remove them for transport to a possible new basement "ship" :) ?

You're an inspiration to prop makers everywhere!
I hope I can make a room that is half as epic as this when I get a house.
Great job!!

WOW guys, that's really all I can say to all the compliments. I honestly thought I was a little too geeky doing this:) (But is there such a thing?)

My wife is actually getting really excited??? Strange right? We had some friends over for new years last night, and they all showed a large amount of interest (Some strange looks too) but my wife, god bless her, said, "What's weird about it, I think everyone should have a space ship of their own."

As far as modular pieces Woffpack, every single part of this can be pulled off the walls and taken with me. I designed it that way for just that reason. Also, I wanted to be able to remove sections and change them around, or work on individual pieces, from time to time if I wanted.

Overall it is starting to come together nicely, long road ahead, and I have the front of the room once this is done. Its a marathon, not a sprint though:)

Thanks for looking guys, and thanks for all the compliments, i am glad I have you guys to share it with . . . people who understand the obsession! ha ha ha!

Awesome!

You need Holochess tables as movable drink tables to have around the room.

you know, the best thing about you guys is also the worst thing . . . now i have to add Holochess Tables to my list of things to do:eek

Awesome!

You need Holochess tables as movable drink tables to have around the room.

Dang this is a great thread.

I'll be watching with interest.

I don't usually make any post.....but I have to say one thing......SWEET!!!!

Seriously guys thank you! I love that everyone is liking the project, I worked on it today a bit, and I will through out the weekend. I promise I'll post some good progress shots on Sunday, when I have something worth putting up. As always, thanks for looking!

Well fans, I have managed to get a fair amount done this weekend. I was highly distracted today by the amazing Bronco win, but I did spend time this evening.

Now, please see this as simply a test fit. Each panel is sort of uneven, but i really wanted to see them up on the wall. I will pull them down, and get to work on sanding, sealing, and getting them primed to I can start the fun part. Additionally I need to work on the bottoms as well. Then on to the window.

It may seem like I am hoping around the room a bit, instead of working straight through in order, but I am using all the large peices of material I currently have. That is saving a fair amount of money, and getting rid of a ton of crap from my shop:love, so there you go.

I'm traveling this week, so not much progress until next sunday:cry, but I will be back at it then!

Enjoy!

Death Star Poker table, all covered up:cry

6664693915_a64d25c538_b.jpg

The South Wall (the picture on the speeder bike is my wife and eye at Disney World, :confused

6664694791_9bcc774a75_b.jpg

6664695253_fb8fb3f67e_b.jpg

6664696383_780b8a7717_b.jpg

6664696901_8ffe134cf0_b.jpg

6664697421_c5831c881c_b.jpg

6664698505_6fd0d9ce3b_b.jpg

6664688067_7854323192_b.jpg

6664688863_079ae88fea_b.jpg

6664690255_7b7be82288_b.jpg

6664691495_c3873fe421_b.jpg

6664692567_9db3756b6c_b.jpg

6664693183_5d1d4357de_b.jpg

6664787341_66fe44b89b_b.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back