The Smugglers Room - Star Wars Themed Prop & Rec Room

Re: The Smugglers Room - Full Scale Entertainment Room

Wow - really looking forward to this build. This looks amazing.

For latches, even full size door latches, there are lots of ways Neodymium magnets can be utilized to hold them closed. You can even use switched Neodymium magnets (like Magswitches) as an interesting way to fix something closed that can be released with the turn of a knob.

Magswitch Magnetic Jigs - Rockler Woodworking Tools

Wow! I am a bit of a wood worker, and I come from a long line of master carpenters (Far better than me) and I had not seen these before. Thank you, I think that would be great for this project, and I think I need about 10 more for the shop.

I'm subscribing to this thread for sure. Can't wait to see this done.

You may be able to remove the door knob and actuate the bolt using bike brake cable mechanism connected to the piece you describe.

Magnet latches would work too. The link to Rockler that Phil posted is a very cool looking option. If you go magnetic, I would lean toward the Neodymium magnets because the standard cabinet grade ones do not have much holding power.

Pretty slow progress as of late, but I did just get my first LED order in this morning. It is an RGB LED system. 15' with an IR remote, multi mode function, the works. This will go in the ceiling above the poker table. Should be a great little effect, and the best part . . . $26.00 on ebay.

6467304087_c468f9164e_z.jpg

6467249567_9cd9592a83_m.jpg

An AWESOME PROJECT !!!! The pics are incredible !!!!

:love:love:love:love:love

Gordon

An AWESOME PROJECT !!!! The pics are incredible !!!!

:love:love:love:love:love

Gordon

Thanks brother, I'm on Christmas detail for the boss (the wife) so all my projects are on hold till the first of the year, but I'm pretty excited to get back after this.

The RGB LEDs are amazing. I started using them in place of white LEDs for several projects. Being able to change colors on the fly is really nice. The only downside is the lack of a warm white - at least with the rolls I've seen.

Some nice additions from China include 3 or 4 way connectors, strip-strip connectors, and 1 to many pony tails. Just plan ahead since it takes so long to arrive.

Pretty slow progress as of late, but I did just get my first LED order in this morning. It is an RGB LED system. 15' with an IR remote, multi mode function, the works. This will go in the ceiling above the poker table. Should be a great little effect, and the best part . . . $26.00 on ebay.

Agreed, shipping takes a long time with these, but the price is worth it. I have found that the warm white from this set isn't too bad. The fact that I can control the lighting from my poker table really gets me jazzed:love

Thanks to all you guys for looking. I have the week off next week, so I am hoping to spend a few days working on it!

The RGB LEDs are amazing. I started using them in place of white LEDs for several projects. Being able to change colors on the fly is really nice. The only downside is the lack of a warm white - at least with the rolls I've seen.

Some nice additions from China include 3 or 4 way connectors, strip-strip connectors, and 1 to many pony tails. Just plan ahead since it takes so long to arrive.

Just so you know... You even have a bloke all the way down in Australia watching this thread with absolute awe and admiration! Truly awesome mate!

Hope everyone had a great christmas, and I wanted to share this with you, as I thought all of you would get a kick out of it.

My wife asked me a couple months ago what I wanted for Christmas, and I told her, "Well, I really want to finish the basement project this year, so I guess you could go to Home Depot and get me a bunch of plumbing parts."

Now, at the time she glared at me. "Thats not a Christmas gift!"

But wouldn't you know it, her and my brother-in-law, wrapped each and every piece in this photo independently! Has to be one of the best Christmas gifts ever! . . . now I just need to get them on the wall:) Happy New Year everyone!

6596791145_b617b64956_b.jpg

6596765847_3cd4e8d19f_b.jpg

Everything in this thread is awesome....especially your Chrimbo gifts! What a fantastic project this is. I'll be watching step by step. Good luck with it mate! :cool:thumbsup

As promised I was give a bit of time to work on this. I have more time coming in the next couple of days, so we'll see what else I get going. I have taken some artistic liscensing with parts of this.:love I didn't follow the drawings to the letter, I just wanted to have fun with the door.

Thanks to all for the great comments, and thanks for looking.

6603626357_f52f07ae4e_b.jpg

6603626713_94b458bf1d_b.jpg

6603628237_3d42fe52c5_b.jpg

6603629069_c707df8fa1_b.jpg

6603631697_3cd62c3f9b_b.jpg

6603632471_0690966265_b.jpg

6603633401_fb33511afe_b.jpg

this is looking great, cant wait to see it done. my wife would shoot me for this.

Lazlolw :darnkids

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back