The Smugglers Room - Star Wars Themed Prop & Rec Room

Re: The Smugglers Room - Full Scale Entertainment Room

Man it's awesome to see this thread. I was actually given the heads up about your project from my roommate Mike who appearently knows you. He should know better than to show me your projects as just gives me ideas for my house.

Man it's awesome to see this thread. I was actually given the heads up about your project from my roommate Mike who appearently knows you. He should know better than to show me your projects as just gives me ideas for my house.

Sweet, i like infecting others, my wife often tells me I am like a virus!

Who's your roomate?

Who's your roomate?

Mike. Geez...weren't you paying attention? :lol

I notice you didn't address "talent" in your reply to my post. That's the one thing that you can't get anywhere else...and you appear to have it in spades. :thumbsup

Rooms like this are definitely my favorite!

And this looks better than I ever imagined one.

Wow!

Mike. Geez...weren't you paying attention? :lol

I notice you didn't address "talent" in your reply to my post. That's the one thing that you can't get anywhere else...and you appear to have it in spades. :thumbsup

:lol I saw Mike, just didn't know the last name, I know a few of them. As for talent, well, I can't add 2 + 2 without getting 12, but as for gluing plastic and plumbing parts I have been blessed.:lol

thanks though!

Wow, this is a great project. Try not to use up everything in your parts box on the first panel!

Wow, this is a great project. Try not to use up everything in your parts box on the first panel!

lol, well my friend, I think i am safe . . . I have 8 large rubber maid tubs full.
:confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused:

is that weird????

Thank you all for the nice comments, and the interest, thats why I love this place. But I could use a little design help???

I have been trying to figure out how to make the object in the image below, work as a doorknob, so that I don't have to use a standard doorknob and ruin the seamless integration of the design.

Any thoughts you guys may have to help out, or something you may have done before would be much appreciated!

6386153207_e87342572c_b.jpg

im acutly a bulder .. i work for my fathers company and i have been doin so for over 12 years ... im very handy so any questions feel free to ask.. but i have a solution to ur eliminating ur door knbob and make it even more liek the movie how the doors slide .. its called a pocket door .. u see these in more expensive houses becasue they cost a lil more thne ur average door .. but what they do is slide either left or right and they slide into the wall .. they also have them that are run electriclly and u push a button to open it whicj would be absolutly sick in the room ur buildin ... lol even hook a sound board up to it to make it swushhh open and close

heres wut im talkin bout
Pocket Door Frame from Johnson Hardware | The Home Depot - Model#: 153068HD

Thank you all for the nice comments, and the interest, thats why I love this place. But I could use a little design help???

I have been trying to figure out how to make the object in the image below, work as a doorknob, so that I don't have to use a standard doorknob and ruin the seamless integration of the design.

Any thoughts you guys may have to help out, or something you may have done before would be much appreciated!

6386153207_e87342572c_b.jpg

Fantastic build. I will be following this thread with interest.

I'll throw out a few brainstorming options for you, but the placement of the "object" in the rendering looks like it is up and to the right of the actual door knob. That complicates things a little bit, unless you move the knob up higher on the door.

If you move the "object" to the knob area you could ....

1. Change the knob to a lever handle, and blend that into the objects design. Here is a cool one that could blend into the design.

vnv-h347-rq.jpg

2. On the site where I found that lever they also have a thing called the UIP-ULTRALATCH. Never heard of it, but it looks even more integratable than the lever.

uip-ultralatch.jpg

3. Get rid of the regular door latch all together and change the latching mechanism to large cabinet style latch that you would have on kitchen cabinets. The roller latch would have to be sized for a larger door, but you could then locate the object any where you like and just construct it tough enough so you can pull the door open. Put a dummy knob on the insided of the door and you're good to go.

ame-bp3472-2g.jpg

Gator

I think it's awesome that you have an old NES on your wall! :lol

Love your builds!

(im acutly a bulder .. i work for my fathers company and i have been doin so for over 12 years ... im very handy so any questions feel free to ask.. but i have a solution to ur eliminating ur door knbob and make it even more liek the movie how the doors slide .. its called a pocket door .. u see these in more expensive houses becasue they cost a lil more thne ur average door .. but what they do is slide either left or right and they slide into the wall .. they also have them that are run electriclly and u push a button to open it whicj would be absolutly sick in the room ur buildin ... lol even hook a sound board up to it to make it swushhh open and close

heres wut im talkin bout
Pocket Door Frame from Johnson Hardware | The Home Depot - Model#: 153068HD)

toddslightning, I love the pocket door idea, unfortunately as I have installed these before, it won't work in that space. I would have to basically take that wall down, and rebuild it. (Which would be great, but I would like to utilize the door I have to save funds) However, I will absolutely use that at the laundry room doorway, as I have to buy one for that space anyway. And I love the sound effect idea as well, I think that is MUST do. Thanks!

Fantastic build. I will be following this thread with interest.

I'll throw out a few brainstorming options for you, but the placement of the "object" in the rendering looks like it is up and to the right of the actual door knob. That complicates things a little bit, unless you move the knob up higher on the door.

If you move the "object" to the knob area you could ....

1. Change the knob to a lever handle, and blend that into the objects design. Here is a cool one that could blend into the design.

2. On the site where I found that lever they also have a thing called the UIP-ULTRALATCH. Never heard of it, but it looks even more integratable than the lever.

3. Get rid of the regular door latch all together and change the latching mechanism to large cabinet style latch that you would have on kitchen cabinets. The roller latch would have to be sized for a larger door, but you could then locate the object any where you like and just construct it tough enough so you can pull the door open. Put a dummy knob on the insided of the door and you're good to go.

Gator

Gator Fett, this is a great way to go, I think i like the cabinet method the best, what do you think about the magnetic type vs the style you put up? I think it might actually work pretty well, thoughts?

783e2683-8fe5-4162-9c56-72004bf2809c_300.jpg

I think it's awesome that you have an old NES on your wall! :lol

Love your builds!

got love it right? I have an old beat up Sega lying around as well, that is definitely going up too!

And thank you, glad you like my odd builds. Not exactly replica's but I enjoy the creativity!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back