Catalog of huge BTTF Prop Auction posted

@ Roland:

Im not so picky about props, and especially not with the flyer...

Im sure some people say "a collection will never stop or end, because there is always stuff to change", but ... uhm... I like finished stuff... So it would be wonderful ifI dont have to change these flyers every week...

Nobody compel you to do this. If you're happy with the version that is already in your collection, so keep it there. ;)

Hm, what kind ofprop is the marty photo, with just him?!? I early version of the photos with dave and linda?

Perhaps they tested several locations and finally chose the well pic.

Finally I found an answer! The auction catalog leads us to believe that the picture is unused in the movie:

"ILM created a number of large format versions of these photos with the three characters in various states of transparency. Ultimately unused as they went with the three standing in front of a wishing well."

But: That's not true! Look here and have fun with this scan of a real screen used prop! ;)

attachment.php

Last edited:
Roland: Amazing work spotting that photo. You go 20 years watching the films frame-by-frame and still you miss stuff like that. Incredible.

Very cool... Funny, that all 3 have always the same clothes... :)

Very cool, the big picture in martys room is not a must have, but the other would be great in display... something new & different... That's good... :thumbsup

..., but the other would be great in display... something new & different... That's good... :thumbsup

I think the same, too. But notice: The photo has a dark brown mount board (background/passepartout) around/behind it. I cutted out the photo and drawed a brown margin around it as seen on this corrected Blu-ray screenshot:

attachment.php

The picture frame could be in black or some very dark gray color. But I have no idea about the frame size. Anybody else an idea?

attachment.php

Last edited:
I guess the frame is 19 X 24 CM...

That's a good size. The closest size in US standard frame sizes is 10" × 8". The photo (incl. the brown margin) should be printed out in 7.5" × 5.5" size. The black (or gray) frame is 1.25" wide on each side. The result should be looking like this (I hope I'll find a picture frame like this with exactly these dimensions):

attachment.php

Last edited:
I just found out that this Phonebook Page is from Salt Lake City Utah: ...

I had always suspected that it must be a real phonebook and they just made changes between "Brown Ed C" and "BROWN FLORAL CO". Look at the letters and numbers: They used another font there.

I had always suspected that it must be a real phonebook and they just made changes between "Brown Ed C" and "BROWN FLORAL CO". Look at the letters and numbers: They used another font there.

Yep. I have a really good scan of one of the original pages.

In the paper prop forum, yes. They are reduced a bit in size, due to photobucket limiting the size.

Why don't you upload the full size pics directly into the forum? No limited width and height and max. file size is 5 MB.

Last edited:
I don't know how to. :$

That's easy: Do you see the "Additional Options" below the reply-textarea? There you click on "Manage Attachments". A new tab or window will open. There you can upload your files: choose up to ten files from your harddisc and click on "upload". Wait until the files are uploaded and then close again the new window. That's all.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back