Mondo Posters & General Poster Art Prints discussion

Mondo and the lost art of the movie poster | The Verge

Ansin_comp_3.jpg

Ansin_comp_1_verge_super_wide.jpg

Tong_comp_3_verge_super_wide.jpg

HeroComplexArt: "Thrilled to be premiering Craig Drake's Solo show, opening on April 11th, trust us when we say, you will be amazed!"

HeroComplexArt: "Craig Drake will be presenting favorite pop culture characters & machines, deftly surpassing all his previous work"

Gallery1988 The Ghostbusters 30th anniversary traveling art show in NY, April 19-26.

Gallery1988 The Ghostbusters 30th anniversary traveling art show in LA, May 17 - June 1.

*squeal*

INSIDE THE ROCK POSTER FRAME BLOG: Escape From New York GABZ Movie Poster

I am so glad Gabz is sticking more closer to the movie's original poster design especially with incorporating the broken Statue of Liberty.

"The poster is a 24x36, 6 color screen print (Variant has 5 colors)"

"Here is what GABZ had to say about the poster:

“When Mike Gregory, co-founder of Grey Matter Art offered me an opportunity to work on John Carpenter’s “Escape from New York” I didn't hesitate much. My main intention was to deliver something a little bit different from what I’ve been known for until now… something less character based more focused on the movie’s atmosphere, and true to the original poster artwork. Being a fan of the original and iconic poster, my print also has post-apocalyptic streets of New York City, gang members, and the majestic Statue of Liberty (or what was left from it) dominating the skyline. Except Snake Plissken, in my version is all by himself: tired, hurt, on the run and fighting against all odds. Perceptive viewers should also notice Snake’s plane crossing the red walls of the New York City prison and the bottom grid which is intended to be a tribute to visual effects used in the movie”.
-Gabz "

Teaser image:

Escape From New York - Gabz

I love this poster. I hope I can get one.

"Limited edition screen print inspired by John Carpenter's classic movie "Escape From New York”. Made for Grey Matter Art and Studio Canal. 6 colours Regular and 5 colours Variant will be available in 24 x 36" size. Work made digitally in Adobe Photoshop. Printed by D&L Screen Printing.

Prints to be released on April 30th."

"Grey Matter Art and StudioCanal present a New Limited Edition, Screen Print by artist, Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz) for the iconic film “Escape From New York”. This will be the first official poster for the John Carpenter classic released in 1981, featuring Kurt Russell as hero “Snake” Plissken.

Also, this will be Grey Matter Art’s second offering and first collaboration with Gabz, who said this about the project, “When Mike Gregory, co-founder of Grey Matter Art offered me an opportunity to work on John Carpenter’s “Escape from New York,” I didn't hesitate much. My main intention was to deliver something a little bit different from what I’ve been known for until now… something less character based, more focused on the movie’s atmosphere, and true to the original poster artwork. Being a fan of the original and iconic poster, my print also has post-apocalyptic streets of New York City, gang members, and the majestic Statue of Liberty (or what was left from it) dominating the skyline. Except Snake Plissken, in my version is all by himself: tired, hurt, on the run, and fighting against all odds. Perceptive viewers should also notice Snake’s plane crossing the red walls of the New York City prison, and the bottom grid which is intended to be a tribute to visual effects used in the movie”.

Creative Director Mike Gregory also had this to add “When we had the chance to obtain the rights to “Escape from New York," I was very excited and honored to have a shot at it. This movie, in my eyes is a true 80’s classic, which still holds up to this day. Snake is such an iconic character, and I wanted to have this movie presented in a way that does it justice. Being this is the first authorized art poster based on the film, there was only one artist in my eyes that I wanted to take on this project, and that was Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz). Though most collectors are probably used to his multiple character compositions, I think he did a great job that separates this from his other work, focusing mainly on Snake, when he is injured, and at his lowest. Gabz depicted this perfectly, and we are very proud to have such a great poster to release to the public. People have been waiting for this movie to have an official poster for it, and I think this is the one.”

Regular Edition: 325/$50.00

Variant Edition: 175/$75.00

24 x 36 inches

Comes with COA also

Posters will go on sale Wednesday, April 30th at a random time between 1:00-2:00 PM. EST on our website’s shop page "

http://greymatterart.com/product-category/posters/
Their shop page.

https://twitter.com/GreyMatterArt
Twitter page.

Click to enlarge

14048552721_c0ef044145_o.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back