Mondo Posters & General Poster Art Prints discussion

Mondo just scored the back to the future licenses and these prints go on sale tomorrow. They're being sold as a set or you can opt to buy a single print of all three prints combined at a much smaller size. Frankly for their first print of such a highly beloved series, I think they dropped the ball. They should have got Ken Taylor or Tyler Stout to do them.

tumblr_m07tmeNeCX1qzpf0c

tumblr_m07tmeNeCX1qzpf0c

tumblr_m07tmeNeCX1qzpf0c

tumblr_m07tmeNeCX1qzpf0c

Scareb, I was also very dissapointed with these. We've known for a while now that a BTTF Mondo release was coming, and after Stout's teaser, I was seriously looking forward to these. When I saw the announcement e-mail from Mondo hit my inbox, my heart skipped and I immediately opened it, expecting to see Stout's full poster in all it's glory. These are alright, I suppose, but there's a ton of memorable scenes and what not from each movie that could have been utelized for these posters, and they just weren't. Big let down.

Who knows, maybe Mondo was able to score the licenses for the movies, but not the actors/actresses likenesses?

Kept getting error message about credit card during final checkout step and then two minutes later SOLD OUT. :( :( :(

Ebay sellers it is for me :rolleyes.

Kept getting error message about credit card during final checkout step and then two minutes later SOLD OUT. :( :( :(

Ebay sellers it is for me :rolleyes.

If you really want them that bad, don't forget about expressobeans.com

Personally, I decided to pass on these, I'm holding out to see what other BTTF prints Mondo rolls out.

If you really want them that bad, don't forget about expressobeans.com
Thanks, yeah I am posting and visiting there frequently now. Already added the set in my want list on the site. Hope to find the set at the regular price. Already on ebay with some sellers asking for $800, insane. Hopefully the demands will wither away soon.

Personally, I decided to pass on these, I'm holding out to see what other BTTF prints Mondo rolls out.
I understand. I like this set, but I am sure there will be better BTTF posters. Wanted to buy this set, until a more desirable BTTF poster comes along.

Has anyone heard anything official about Olly Moss creating a set of posters for the new trilogy, like he did the originals? I saw the following image on an article over at slashfilm.com earlier today, but I haven't been able to find any official announcement or anything. I'm curious if this is actually Moss' work, or if it's just Moss' style duplicated by a fan.

ZZ2DC75257.jpg

EDIT: Ah, never mind. I emailed the fellow who runs omgposters.com, he's reporting that it's just a rip-off artist, mimicking Moss' style.

Last edited:
These are my 3 most recent acquisitions.

This was done by Rhys Cooper. It went on sale a couple days ago but I wasn't able to score it in time so I had to get it off eBay.

MadMaxDoubleBillRhysCooper.jpg

This one has been out for a while but I was dragging my ass to get it and it sold out so I too grabbed it off eBay. It's done by Joshua Budich.

timthumb.php

Lastly I've had these on order for a month and just waiting for them to arrive. They're 3 separate posters measuring 14x30 and signed by Danny Miller and Greg Nicotero.

DannyMillerWalkingDeadSet2.jpg

Yeah, not looking forward to trying to frame them. I might see what Michaels has available.

I have a guy offering me a Jeff Proctor TMNT print for $200 but that is double what I usually like to spend on a print. I want it very badly but at the same time I have my Dave Rapoza TMNT prints also.

I scored the Proctor TMNT print from Mondo when it originally dropped, I held on to it for a few weeks, but ended up selling it on expressobeans.com for 85 bucks. After I recieved it in the mail and stuck it in a frame, I decided I didn't like it very much. (Looked a bit too much like Leo was getting orally peasured, didn't like the title font, didn't like the blotted ink effect near the top, thought it could have used a bit more color...) If I still had it, I would have sold it to you for way cheaper than 200! Not worth it in my opinion.

The Rhys Cooper TMNT set is what I consider the "Holy Grail" of TMNT posters. I would LOVE to get my hands on a them.

The really great thing about Cooper's set is that they're all 12x36, which is a breeze to frame. :)
TMNT-POSTER-SET.jpg

Re: Mondo E.T. posters

Will they be for sale? And if so, where? I didn't see anything posted via the link.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back