My Akira Jacket

mr.predicta

here are the first shots of the Akira jacket I'm working on.
its very comfortable and warm.
I used a few old Battlestar clasps I had always envisioned these on the jacket .
Next comes the rest of the gear boots and gloves I haven't made up my mind as to painting the back yet. Its a cool jacket now and something I might wear just for kicks...don't know if I want a big pill advertising drug abuse especially in this day and age.I had thought of doing the illustration distressed and worn as if it had seen better days .
you guys have any Ideas of how I could do a temporary paint job on the back? maybe something that would wash off the leather or maybe a removable applique?I just dont want to have glue or some sort of sticker messing things up.
the second shot is the replica jacket from the Tokyo Motor show some years back.
as you can see the pill design is quite prominent I think I would do mine much smaller if I do it at all :unsure

Pill. Pill. Pill. Pill. :D

All together now...

KAAAAANEEEEEEYYYYDAAAAA....

TEEEEETSUUUUUOOOOOO....

Dammmit.. C"MON.

Aw man, just when my coil is reachin' the green line.

B)

Nice.
I have to go with "no" on the pill.
People unfamiliar with the movie will think you're a wierdo.
People who know and love the movie will recognize it even without the pill.

I think you're on the right track, making the pill design less prominent than on that other jacket. I don't remember seeing the english on the jacket, but I'm not really sure it's recognizable without the pill.

<div class='quotetop'>(Lodril @ Sep 23 2006, 09:26 AM) [snapback]1324994[/snapback]</div>
I think you're on the right track, making the pill design less prominent than on that other jacket. I don't remember seeing the english on the jacket, but I'm not really sure it's recognizable without the pill.
[/b]

The writing on the back of the jacket was on the manga version of the jacket and also on the medicom and seated mcfarlin figure.I am still interested in wearing the jacket out and about but woule like to do the accurate pill version for conventions but do not want the jacket permantly dressed like that.
I had toyed with the idea of fabric applique with magnets holding it on or a decal that could be easily removed with out screwing up the leather
anybody ever do something like that?

Wow

This jacket looks amazing and I think would look even more phenomenal distressed.

did you make this from scratch?

Ken

<div class='quotetop'>(KenGawne @ Sep 24 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]1325619[/snapback]</div>
Wow

This jacket looks amazing and I think would look even more phenomenal distressed.

did you make this from scratch?

Ken
[/b]

No I just altered a jacket that was very close to what I was looking for.
Im just about finished with the rest of the Gear will post new pix when everything gets here.
Thanks guys
MSL

What the hell's wrong with the pill??

Please don't tell me the RPF's been infested with politically correct, do-gooders that think it sends the wrong message.

There's enough PC/BS out in the real world......

Let's keep it off here

<div class='quotetop'>(DarthBish @ Sep 28 2006, 03:35 AM) [snapback]1327851[/snapback]</div>
What the hell's wrong with the pill??

Please don't tell me the RPF's been infested with politically correct, do-gooders that think it sends the wrong message.

There's enough PC/BS out in the real world......

Let's keep it off here
[/b]

well its a preference thing.
I would feel uncomfortable wearing a huge drug addvert on the back of my jacket in public.At a convention where the jacket would be seen for what it is a movie replica I dont have a problem with the pill which is why I had asked about a temporary solution to the marking on the back of the jacket.
its a choice I want to make.
Im no prude
Ive lived through the 60's and have done most of the drugs you guys only read about. :D
I have through wisdom of my years grown to appreciate the delicate chemistry of my brain and dont fool around with such substances anymore as Tim leary said"once you get the message hang up the phone".
by the way the color used for the pill closely resembles the beta blockers I used to take for Migranes.
thats all I have to say about that
MSL

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back