Blade Runner Sushi bar

Dereck

Hello. I was wondering if anybody has some pictures of Blade Runner "sushi bar" model.
Quote from Cinefex:
"The 'Sushi bar' was one of out first improv-projects. It was supposed to represent a large section of one of the towers in Hades, with a restaurant and a gas station, and it was constructed all from loose scraps and things i could find in the shop - including an unsuspecting Sparklett's water bottle."

Apart from one picture in Cinefex there is only one i found on internet:

page01_image_03.jpg

It shows Bill George sitting in front of the model. Sushi bar is visible in a couple of shots in movie, for example:

1982_blade_runner_the_final_cut_006.jpg

Here it is the big building in the middle-left part of the shot.

I hope some of you have some good behind the scenes pictures of the tower.

Thank you!!!:)

Yours is about the best photo of it I've seen.

I do have some halfway decent shots, but not as good as yours.

You still want 'em?

-Mike J.

Wow!!! Brody, thank you very very much.. There is some very good new angles on your pictures. I really appreciate your effort.

Very cool. This forum was the first time I had seen/read about the Sushi Bar. One of my favorite movies and some of my favorite props. I love the use of metal etched pieces and wires to create that dystopian future. There is a guy that bought up all the black and white prints and a bunch of metal etched parts on yourprops. I keep bugging him to sell to me. I wish I had bought them at Profiles.

Very cool. I never noticed it was supposed to be a sushi bar. I had read about "upper city levels" but this is not what I expected.

Andy

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back