Slave to a Rhythm (with no grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers all, those guns are quite sly to build, they look simple and are to a degree but there are some placement problems you have to get around to get the right look from all angles. I've been staring at 10 different images of them and they look different in each. I'm slightly off hear n there but I'm not buying kits for small errors on this build.

I've worked out how to mount them and have one done aside from the seat. Def sticking with static guns as I firmly believe the guns on the prop are static. It would be quite easy to make them swivel using similar techniques as the PD legs but I want my pipes to join the Brabham wheel like the prop.

I opened the SAG book today and it revealed an answer to a question I had....Must use the books more as I tend to use jpg's all the time.

Books are our friends as is the ebay seller thats sending me a Duster so I can get the the other gun done, well I say friend!!! If it lands tomorrow he is :lol

Myguns.jpg

Myguns2.jpg

Myguns3.jpg

I've worked out the mount before I add the seat part, I'd hate to add the seat spend an age getting it looking good then not be able to get the correct angle on the gun without re working the seat.

Last edited:
LOL, how about,..The work on this project is absolutely spiffing old chap...I desire to see it first hand..

Phil

eh up buddy,lovin ya work on the guns ace!the answer to ya question is i`ve spent many a night in Mr smiths on a monday night when i was growin up not to mention legends!!!!!no i`m from winsford but down sized to middlewich mym8...peza:behave

eh up buddy,lovin ya work on the guns ace!the answer to ya question is i`ve spent many a night in Mr smiths on a monday night when i was growin up not to mention legends!!!!!no i`m from winsford but down sized to middlewich mym8...peza:behave

Ha ha, Mr Smiths.....Yikes

I never went to Legends once, even in its hay day I was too busy out gigging with bands so missed all the fun...sadly I did spend the occasional night in Smiths but I def prefered it when it was a Cinema I saw Superman and Jaws in Mr Smiths :lol

Recent post From Rebelscum re EFX....anyone no more? cough cough Frank?

"Also coming soon is the Slave 1 FX Model, the original prop of which was on tour in Asia and is finally back in the states where they can start taking molds."

Great,great progresss with the gun and mounts. It all looks very sharp and accurate with the rest of the rear hull as well. I always thought the best advertisment for a Guy Cowen Slave paint job was that E wing version you did a while back. Subtle and very close to the original shades.

:lol:loleh up buddy i heard it was the old flicks but i went to the regal in northwich(closer to home)i remember tron.wow...step back. have you got much done this wk mym8...cheers peza

Jeez, more and more I am seeing builds of SS models that I thought ....never... due to size or complexity or both. However, more and more often, people like you Guy, as well as Jason, Julien, Lee, etc, etc, just make it look so easy and do such a good job that I think maybe or definitely!
I love these threads and kudos to you for tackling such a complicated build and inspiring me and I'm sure, many others!!

p.s. I'm copying all of the ID's and other secret information in this thread for later reference (tic) :love :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back