D-Projects: Battlestar Galactica TOS Blaster Build

Del, you are the master of blasters:) First you Logan's Run DS gun, and now this. Can't wait to see how this one turns out. Hope you do video like you did with the DS.
Cheers,
Kevin

Unfortunately, I've had absolutely no time to work on my projects. Seems like I'm balls to the wall every weekend and on the road during the week. I have delivery deadlines looming for July and August. So hopefully I'll get a breather in August and can to work on them.

Heck, I'm a biker and my steel horse has only been out of the garage once this entire season. That's sad right there.

I'll take plenty of pics once I'm back at it.

No movement on this project. Been working on Logan's Run blasters. The holiday season is approaching and I have some time off to work on stuff. I may put this back out and work it some.

Hello to all
I am looking for info on the original Battlestar blaster.
First I would like to buy a kit. The one in this tread looks very well done.
I finally after waiting got a plector labs electronics. Anyway I would also like to know if anyone knows the main gun handle used and any model kits used to glue to it. I know about the shower handle muzzle so. Any other cool facts would be cool.
Please let me know if you have a good quality kit available for this and the new BSG blasters. I would love the kit I see you can use to add to the air soft guns.
Thanks again

Well I'm a little concerned about the weight of the muzzle on this prop. There is very little attaching it to the barrel and it is resin. I'm thinking that I need to run a metal tube from the main body, down the barrel and attach the muzzle assemble that way. I just don't think it would stand up to be played with without it.

Hey try using a CLEAR acrycic rod going for the barrel. Might drill it out for a light...but thats what I planned to do with my casting.

Hey try using a CLEAR acrycic rod going for the barrel. Might drill it out for a light...but thats what I planned to do with my casting.

Going to use a hollow aluminum tube for support. It will be threaded on both ends to hold everything tightly. Plus run my wires through it.

Last edited:
Hello to all
I am looking for info on the original Battlestar blaster.
First I would like to buy a kit. The one in this tread looks very well done.
I finally after waiting got a plector labs electronics. Anyway I would also like to know if anyone knows the main gun handle used and any model kits used to glue to it. I know about the shower handle muzzle so. Any other cool facts would be cool.
Please let me know if you have a good quality kit available for this and the new BSG blasters. I would love the kit I see you can use to add to the air soft guns.
Thanks again

Along with the Price Fister Marquis shower handles, some of the models you need...
Tamiya 1/35 88mmFlak 36/37 gun
Tamiya Quad Gun Tractor
Tamiya Prince of Wales
Hasagawa Akiga aircraft carrier (smaller model)
Revell 1/48 Apollo Lunar Spacecraft kit- this is the large Apollo, Service Module, Top of the 3rd stage (LEM Garage) and Lunar Module kit. It was repopped last year as part of Revell's SSP program (limited to 5000 total)

I'm looking for info on the part on the rear of the body below the area with the Apollo antenna if anyone wants to share....Thanks.

Wow very interesting, if on could find all the parts and make a new from scratch it could be built to withstand abuse better than the alumni casts out there. a task I'm up to if I can get enough help in identifying all parts to include the big one the main gun all this felgacarb is glued to!

There was no real gun involved. The master was a carved clay body and handgrip with various model parts, textured grips, tubes, plumbing supplies and other parts attached.

I'm looking for info on the part on the rear of the body below the area with the Apollo antenna if anyone wants to share....Thanks.[/QUOTE]

What part? Have a pic?
the square panel thingy?

I think it was from one of the large gun models. ANZIO ANNIE...but Im not sure. I helped build the XFX version of this when they did that "licensed" one via the Battlestar Galactica page.

In fact the elevator on those guns was completely scratch built as we couldn't get access to one in time.

Along with the Price Fister Marquis shower handles, some of the models you need...
Tamiya 1/35 88mmFlak 36/37 gun
Tamiya Quad Gun Tractor
Tamiya Prince of Wales
Hasagawa Akiga aircraft carrier (smaller model)
Revell 1/48 Apollo Lunar Spacecraft kit- this is the large Apollo, Service Module, Top of the 3rd stage (LEM Garage) and Lunar Module kit. It was repopped last year as part of Revell's SSP program (limited to 5000 total)

I'm looking for info on the part on the rear of the body below the area with the Apollo antenna if anyone wants to share....Thanks.
hey thanks for the info i ordered the kits for the project. plus what i dont use for the blaster project i will use for a compleate scratch build ship im building that is in the early stages.
so how do you know about the kits needed? not trying to be smart @## just curious!
again thank you for the info. do you know what kind of magic markers were used to make the recharge ammo on the belt?

There was no real gun involved. The master was a carved clay body and handgrip with various model parts, textured grips, tubes, plumbing supplies and other parts attached.
cool info. so my question in all seriousness is how did you get this info.
thanks again for the info. im a real nut for this kind of stuff.

Oh man, this prop is on my top 5 must-haves. Can't wait to see how yours turns out - could be what I need to get motivated. Subscribing.

Check out the behind the scenes photos here:
Original Blaster under Construction - Original Blaster under Construction 02 - ByYourCommand.net Gallery
Also, I've owned two (selling them is my biggest prop collecting regret--ever!!) and I've seen a few other originals and you can still see tool marks and carving marks in them, even though they're just rubber or fiberglass castings of the clay & model parts master.

Actually I just took a closer look at the photo in the link above, and it looks like the entire handgrip area is carved/machined lucite or clear resin or something like that. it may be that the clay and model parts and everything else is built up on a lucite (or whatever) understructure that includes the handgrip.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back