The Sword and the Sorcerer

KnightAsylum

Sr Member
I know it makes me old, and a fan of corney movies, but I loved this flick. AND always wanted a sword like the one in the movie ( well, I never really expected 2 of the three blades to "shoot" out) but it was cool looking.

Anyone ever seen a reproduction of this tri-blade made?
or anything else from this movie?

The poster/DVD cover and the only screencap of the sword I could find :D

SS.jpg

SS2.jpeg

God I love that movie as well. I have always hoped they would do the second movie but alas, nothing yet.
As far as the sword, I cannot tell you how many cadboard replicas I made growing up.

Funny that after not thinking about this film for many years i do a search online for anything on the sword. I was excited to see one of the goole search links from for the RPF, clicked on it, only to find it was from me asking the question 12 years ago!
Now I feel both lacking info and old...

Funny that after not thinking about this film for many years i do a search online for anything on the sword. I was excited to see one of the goole search links from for the RPF, clicked on it, only to find it was from me asking the question 12 years ago!
Now I feel both lacking info and old...

I'm sure someone around here has info on this prop... Let me get some time on my hands and I'll start digging myself. I'll get what I can dig up for you on this one :$

Back in the '80s, I built one out of plywood. I had to have some plywood spacers a little more than midway up the blades that connected the side blades to the main blade to keep the thing from breaking to easily. It was fun to play with. I was thinking of making a lightsaber version of it just for laughs... and groans. However it would be a ton of work what with no access to a CNC or waterjet.

EDIT: Found the blueprints I made over 30 years ago and scanned them. Probably nowhere near screen accurate in any of the dimensions but back then it was good enough for me. Nowadays, not so much, lol.

LjlWl18.jpg

Last edited:
Still no luck as they years tick by. I think I will pay someone to make me one, seems like the basic design isn’t too complicated (if you leave out the flying blade part)

that is awesome.
If I can find someone to make drawing like that from screenshots I bet I could find someone to make one.

Back in the '80s, I built one out of plywood. I had to have some plywood spacers a little more than midway up the blades that connected the side blades to the main blade to keep the thing from breaking to easily. It was fun to play with. I was thinking of making a lightsaber version of it just for laughs... and groans. However it would be a ton of work what with no access to a CNC or waterjet.

EDIT: Found the blueprints I made over 30 years ago and scanned them. Probably nowhere near screen accurate in any of the dimensions but back then it was good enough for me. Nowadays, not so much, lol.

View attachment 853294

Still no luck as they years tick by. I think I will pay someone to make me one, seems like the basic design isn’t too complicated (if you leave out the flying blade part)

I could probably put something together via 3D design if you find some decent (clear) pictures.

I am finally getting around to getting a 3D printer so I could print the thing. I could pay for the 3D design if you want to do it.

Attachments

• SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 267
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 118
  • ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 378
  • ss4.jpg
    ss4.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 556
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back