Eyes! Can anyone help with glass eyes?

stevieboy1

hi all im have great trouble in finding some glass eyes for my mogwai models. the trouble im having is other than gizmos brown eyes im in need of odd colours like orage and yellow eye red and yellow eyes.:cry:cry do anyone know were i can buy such things? i need them to be at least 28mm across.

i have tried to make some today all were ok but just good enough. I would rather use proper glass eyes if possible as they just seem to bring the model to life more than homemade or painted eyes.

if anyone can help or point me in the right direction I would be very greatfull.:)
kind regards
Steve:)

Lots of companies that do glass doll eyes also do wildly colored eyes too. Just saw everything from red eyes, to zombie eyes, to snake eyes.

It's all on the interwebs for the googling.

cool thanyou for the replys i will take a look and see what I can find.:) i found some that art exactly what i wanted origanly but hopfully will be suficiant. i will have wait for them to arrive so I can get on and finish my daffy Mogwai. i want to know if hes going to turn ot ok lol. I didnt like my gizmo till he had eyes and fur that made him so much better.

I think having the realistic type glass eyes really do a model justice and brings them to life so much more than a lot of my old painted eye model projects. I couldnt be more happy with the result i got with them. :love:love

regards

cool thanyou for the replys i will take a look and see what I can find.:) i found some that art exactly what i wanted origanly but hopfully will be suficiant. i will have wait for them to arrive so I can get on and finish my daffy Mogwai. i want to know if hes going to turn ot ok lol. I didnt like my gizmo till he had eyes and fur that made him so much better.

I think having the realistic type glass eyes really do a model justice and brings them to life so much more than a lot of my old painted eye model projects. I couldnt be more happy with the result i got with them. :love:love

regards
I think some photos are in order!

Please? :)

here you go here is my gizmo:
296908_10150439289732392_626117391_10205152_233222166_n.jpg

296908_10150439289737392_626117391_10205153_1577502471_n.jpg

296908_10150439289747392_626117391_10205154_9212504_n.jpg

296908_10150439289757392_626117391_10205156_1917998676_n.jpg

hope you all like him?:)

Just wish my bits and bobs will turn up so I could finish my next one grrrr lol.

regards
Steve :)

I've gotten custom human eyes from VanDykes before - the first pair they did for me looked NOTHING like the reference pics I sent them, but when I complained they admitted that they had just done them "from memory" and did me a second, very nice, pair for free. They're very reasonably prices for customs too.

The problem I find with VanDykes eyes is that the glass between the outer layer of the cornea and the inner surface that the paint actually goes on, is too thick. When installed it gives the impression that the eyes are sunken too far into the head.

The best economic custom eyes I've come across so far are Tohickon - Home - I got them to do custom Neytiri eyes at a whopping 38cm diameter - are they were fantastic, and VERY well priced. Plus the customer service was top notch during the entire process.

Oh, and I love your Gizmo! Can' wait to see Daffy.

Oh, and I love your Gizmo! Can' wait to see Daffy.

Cool I will take a look in a bit,
Thankyou for your kind words I want to finish daffy its a paint when your waiting for things in the post lol.
Ive got a feeling hes not going to turn out as good as gizmo but then I supose i wont know till i can sort his googly eyes out and start getting some fur on. Although hes going to be bright orange rather than a darker orange as I just couldnt find any darker orange fur anywere.:cry So he will look like hes been tangoed lol

Not sure if there is anything I can do to the fur to make it darker. i will just have to wait for the fur to arrive and see what its like as pics on Pc dont always show how bright or dark it will be.:wacko

Regards

Amazing job you've done with you're Gizmo. I'm currently half way through making my own. I would be very glad if it came up anywhere near as good as yours.
What is the height of your Giz? Mine finishes up at around 9 inches.
Again, great job. - Chris

Amazing job you've done with you're Gizmo. I'm currently half way through making my own. I would be very glad if it came up anywhere near as good as yours.
What is the height of your Giz? Mine finishes up at around 9 inches.
Again, great job. - Chris

My gizmo stands just over 8 inches high.:)

I'd love to see yours when he is finished.:)
Im still not happy with my daffy i think his ears are too big grrr. i know i wanted then a bit bigger as hes suposed to be looney but i think they might be a bit too long lol. just wondering If i could snap them off and try to make then a little shorter. hmm. Will have to think about it some more and take another look tommorw when im more awake lol. Im hoping the eyes and orange fur arrives as well as if it does i might be able to get him finished and then start on mohawk hehe. Well thats my plan of action for now lmao.:love:lol
Regards

Last edited:
My gizmo stands just over 8 inches high.:)

I'd love to see yours when he is finished.:)
Im still not happy with my daffy i think his ears are too big grrr. i know i wanted then a bit bigger as hes suposed to be looney but i think they might be a bit too long lol. just wondering If i could snap them off and try to make then a little shorter. hmm. Will have to think about it some more and take another look tommorw when im more awake lol. Im hoping the eyes and orange fur arrives as well as if it does i might be able to get him finished and then start on mohawk hehe. Well thats my plan of action for now lmao.:love:lol
Regards
Ahoy matey! I checked your other thread and saw all your little mogwai you've been churning out. Great work! I've been going for months and I haven't even finished one yet :(
Same old excuse, time and money... Come on folks, say it with me, "Time and money". Once more never hurts :D
I've been busy this weekend though. Had a few issues with trying to prep coat the plasticine model, which I think I finally have sorted now. Found a nifty primer for metal that seems to be happy to stick to the model.
So at the moment it's all grey looking and awaiting my first timer molding efforts, hopefully this week. Then cast... Then paint... Then fur... *sigh*
Anyhow, here's how he's looking before I sprayed him up. All the fur and bits are just sitting on him in this photo, but it gives an idea of how things are shaping up.
Fingers crossed I'll have something more to show over the next week or so...
Cheers - Chris
IMG_20111115_210534.jpg

looking good looking good!:):thumbsup

But yes time and money is a big problem.:cry:angry

i have plenty of spair time in the evenings and after all the hosework and animals are cleaned fed and waterd so time isnt so much a problem for me its more the money side of things. i cant complain though as selling a few of my home made smurf figures here and there helps bring a few pennies into my paypal acount to help pay for bits along the way.

ive now started painting my mohawk gremlin up and after about 14 hours or so ive not even finished one arm yet so many patches and spots to do im seeing spots in my sleep now lol. hopfully i can get a bit more done later this evening.

any ways heres a pic of what ive done so far lol

384929_10150510640377392_626117391_10452410_765161620_n.jpg

384929_10150510640382392_626117391_10452411_1171785675_n.jpg

384929_10150510640397392_626117391_10452412_1019357383_n.jpg

384929_10150510640412392_626117391_10452413_305969106_n.jpg

regards
steve:)

Thanks for the kind words.
Interesting paint work you have there on the Mohawk. Can't wait to see it finished.

yeeah ive got a few pics and just using them as a ruff guide and painting up how i think is best for me, well the best i can do anyways lol:lol

regards

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back