The Place Beyond the Pines (2013,RYAN GOSLING OUTFITS)

I'm not sure if I've seen any vintage ones in xxl, so you might have to settle for a new one. And thanks, I'm so happy that I found the pants! Yep, Hein Gericke had a collaboration with Honda called Hondaline that they were a part of. There are also a couple of jackets that have the same color scheme. I found them on eBay as a set with the jacket, and ended up getting the guy to sell them to me separately for $80 shipped. They're now the highlight of my collection, along with the skull pants.

hi jonnytrooper. my name is dominik and I´m from germany. I love this movie so much and I want the METALLICA top just like yours! could you tell me where you bought it? would be great!

Been searching the web for the last week. Trying to get my hands on the jacket, but seems to tougher than i imagined. All i can seem to find is the version @johhnytrooper has. Seen the replicas on slimfit jackets but really looking for an original in medium/large. Thought this would be a good place to ask if anyone's seen any for sale.

Jonny trooper, in the photo you posted, what website did you get the t-shirt from, I'm beyond keen to get my hands on the white top.

Mcm101, my white t shirt was just a vintage close enough. I've yet to come across a screen accurate one. As for the skull pants, unfortunately someone bought out the remaining supply from rusty zipper and is selling them for horrendous prices. Supply and demand I suppose. Best of luck on finding the jacket Cartelle. Just keep checking ebay.

Is there any possible way somebody could get hold of where to get the backpack he uses whilst robbing the bank(s), I can't find it anywhere at all, very similar ones but not quite the same! Thanks

Last edited:
Is there any possible way somebody could get hold of where to get the backpack he uses whilst robbing the bank(s), I can't find it anywhere at all, very similar ones but not quite the same! Thanks
The closest I found was a vintage jansport 80s or 90s light leather grey backpack. Very close resemblance.

Last edited:
Hi guys, first post here but I absolutely love seeing all the stuff you guys were able to find and get! I'm still looking for the Hein Gericke jacket and was hoping to get some advice. I found the flimfitjackets copy, but it looks off, especially the materials. I also found this one: Ryan Gosling Leather Jacket (The Place Beyond The Pines)Dani Leathers . Again, it looks off to me. All the jackets on Etsy are sold out and on Ebay they claim to have the California and California 2, but I think they're also a bit off (as mentioned earlier on this forum).

http://www.slimfitjackets.com/image/cache/data/slimfit/motorcyle/Slimfit background22-700x700.jpg
I absolutely love the.. ending of the sleeves (Sorry, my English is lacking with this sort of stuff) and the ones on Ebay seem to be missing that.

I'm probably late to the show, but thought to ask you guys any way to see if you might have some tips to get the jacket! I'm from the Netherlands so I'm hoping international shipping won't be an issue.

Anyway, thanks a lot and awesome to see everything you guys have been able to get a hold of!

Hey wokkie, yeah lots of the versions of the jacket were picked up right around this thread started and the movie was released, I was lucky enough to get one though. I wouldn't recommend buying anything from slimfitjackets, I recently ordered a jacket from them hoping it'd be good for it's price but it was absolute garbage. Don't go for any cheap knock-offs, you'd be missing on the quality and style of a Hein Gericke jacket. I'd suggest either waiting for one to come up on ebay, or you could go for the California 1 which is only slightly different. I have the one in the movie and the only differences are that the California 1 has vents on the front that face straight, and the vents on the back only go to the middle of the back. The collar also doesn't have a corduroy lining and there aren't snap cuffs on the wrist. Other than that they're practically the same jacket, I've seen the California 1 in person and it really isn't any different than the 2, they both sahre the same nice potent red color. If you're looking for international shipping I'd suggest going with this jacket if you'd be fine with the California 1: Hein Gericke Authentic Red Vented Leather Calif 1 Motorcycle Jacket Med 40 New | eBay . The buyer has the same jacket posted for $20 more but I emailed him about it and he said the only difference is that the more expensive one comes with a removable liner which I found mine to be useless do to the sizing. Unless you're looking to use the jacket for riding, then I'd suggest just going with the cheaper one. Also for $99 US+ shipping (they ship worldwide too!) you'd be getting a pretty good deal for that jacket, as lots of the people that were able to grab the movie version had to pay a lot more than that.

I can post pictures o my jacket if you'd want to compare it to the 1.

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for the response! I really appreciate it.
After reading your reply, I might go for the California 1 after all. I'm just a big sucker for the snap cuffs, but maybe that's not such a big deal after all.
I would love to see a couple of pictures from your jacket so I can compare the two better.

One more question: On Ebay they also sell the California 2(Hein Gericke Red Vented Leather California 2 Jacket Large 42 New Removable Liner | eBay), but they don't seem to have the snap-cuffs. The only real difference I can see is the way the bottom part of the jacket looks. Would you recommend me to buy this one, or the one you linked?

Thanks again and I really appreciate the time you're taking to help out!

Yeah, the ebay post you linked me to is from the same seller I linked you to. I messaged the owner a while back regarding the jacket and he said that the only difference between the jackets is that the II comes with a removable liner. It's supposedly the same jacket it's just that once is more expensive due to it having a removable liner. So yeah I'd suggest going for the one I linked to as it is $10 cheaper, but feel free to message the seller and see if he can notice any cosmetic differences. From what I can see both waistbands seem to be the same, it mentions that they're both elasticized so they shouldn't be any different. Here are some photos of the jacket, but really from owning the jacket I don't really see much of a difference having snap cuffs or not, they're not too noticeable.
IMG_3892.JPGIMG_3893.JPGIMG_3894.JPGIMG_3895.JPG

Hi Paul, thanks so much for the reply!
Sorry, I totally missed that you already talked about the cal 2 jacket I linked you to.
Man, the jacket looks really great. I'm still a huge sucker for the snap cuffs, but I guess you're right. I'll just order the one from Ebay.
Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

Hey guys. I have a question for those who owns the jacket, Cal 1, 2 or the model seen in the movie. I know it's really a ladies jacket, but I wanna ask, when you wear it closed, does the chest look weird at all, can anyone even notice it's a womens jacket?

Not at all, the only thing that indicates that it's a womans jacket is that it's bright red. But really if you're on a bike and you're wearing the jacket it makes more sense to have it zipped up, it's a comfortable fir for me as long as you get the right size. My size medium bunches just a little at the front but that's only when I ride sportbikes, on a dirt bike it'd fit just fine because you'd be sitting upright.

Thanks for the info. I had one that I was going to buy, but it was actually women's size large, which is about men's medium, I think. The chest was so much bigger than the waist on that jacket, that's why I didn't get it, thought it would look weird. I found men's size S and also M, for about same price. My jacket size is usually between those two, and now I have hard time deciding which size to get. What's the measurement for the chest and the sleeve length on your size M jacket? If you could measure those for me, it would be really helpful and awesome.

Hey sorry I don't have the time to measure it right now, but if the large seemed a bit to big go for the medium. It fits all around pretty well for me, the only thing is that sometimes I have to pull the jacket down to keep it from bunching up. Don't get a small, I ordered one once by accident and it was hilariously tiny, so that sucked. If you have a seller with the jacket ask them for specific measurements for the medium if you're unsure, I've had a number of people try on my jacket (size medium) and it had a pretty much universal fit. I ordered the medium sized jacket from etsy if you want to google it, they put the measurements up for it.

ANYONE WITH THE SKULL PANTS! Could you take a high quality image of the skull itself please and thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back