Hero Phaser Scratchbuild

Dude this project is fantastic.and I didn't even know there was a little saw attachment blade made for exacto.I could have used that so many times it's pitiful.looking awesome!

Scribing with an x-acto leaves a raised ridge of plastic on each side of the line. The scriber removes a curl of plastic for a cleaner line.
I like the X-Acto knife for that myself- snapped off tip & held in reverse, then I gently hold it at an angle & go through it again to remove those ridges. The scribing tool makes a 'V' cut (at least, the one I have does, and I couldn't find a non-'V' one), and that doesn't work for most of my projects. Still, I DO use it for a lot of other things beside panel lines...

Thanks fellas! I appreciate it.

The tool is called a panel scriber or just a scriber, it's a modeling tool. Mine is the Squadron one Scribing Tool (squ10202) Squadron Miscellaneous Hand Tools but most say the Bare Metal Foil one is better Introduction To Using Bare-Metal Foil - Bare-Metal Foil Co.

You can scribe lines and grooves with it, and it makes fast work of cutting through too. Scribing with an x-acto leaves a raised ridge of plastic on each side of the line. The scriber removes a curl of plastic for a cleaner line.
The tool also resembles a periosteal elevator.

And a reaaaaaly hope a run of cast parts shakes out at some point. :)

Where do I find a couple of metal parts ,for the phaser so I can start mine,I will use your post as a reference,but dont want to do anything until I aquire all the Parts I need.......

Where do I find a couple of metal parts ,for the phaser so I can start mine,I will use your post as a reference,but dont want to do anything until I aquire all the Parts I need.......

Check with Sporak and Nicksdad, between the two of them you can get just about everything.

Things slowed down over the holiday, but work continues. I filled in my faux twist plug hole in the trigger box. It looks like crap here but it's smooth.
P1020893.jpg

I had to sand back the front wall a bit. It was backed up with epoxy and I sanded right through the plastic, there's nothing left but epoxy!
P1020892.jpg

I got a few twist lock plugs a while back, but the receptacles are too tall.
P1020869.jpg

I got some panel mount versions, they need to be sanded down on the sides but they're much shorter.
P1020896.jpg

P1020895.jpg

Here's a few shots with a Jlong P1 in place. It doesn't quite fit but it's a cool preview.
P1020884.jpg

P1020886.jpg

P1020888.jpg

Thanks Chris! I read in an interview that Matt was especially fond of the phaser design, I'd give him one if he was still with us :(

I read in an interview that Matt was especially fond of the phaser design
It was and ever shall be the most original & creative piece of SF hardware eve designed by man, hence our obsession with it...

...but you've already seen this, haven't you :lol
phaseraccurizing013.jpg

Yes, but it's always nice to see again! You should mount that to the car, it would look awesome on the road :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back