SS Buck Rogers Starfighter

FWIW:

Those that PM'd me in my old JY post, I have kept a list of you in order, and I will forward that to George, so that when the time comes for the first run you'll get first crack at them. I'd start saving those pennys and have the cash ready to send, as even with the interest list it'll be first paid, first sold. Again, the runs will be done on a "boxed, ready to ship" basis, so thats why quick payment is going to be required. A run of 10 (which is what we're looking at for the first run) is a heck of a lot of resin to have tied up (no pun from the other projects.), and the sooner we sell these and get paid the sooner we can get another batch of resin and another run in, of this or other projects.

We currently plan on doing runs on this until demand is met, so if you're short fundage, don't worry, you will have some time before we retire the molds. If it tapers off quick though, we will move on to other things as we have PLENTY of goodies in the works.

I will work on trying to get soem pics this weekend if we have pulls . . .

Ryan

Ryan

I got a new game. It's called what's under the matrix mold clay?

190414879.jpg

Anyone? Anyone?

Parts this week.

Steve

OK guys a report..update One side of rubber has been poured on all the parts. Will flip in the am and pour the other.... should have the first castings by friday.. will post pics.

Steve

Yes, I have permission to use the same pilot that was used in the previous release. It (pilot) is not a casting of the one used for filming. To my knowledge it has not be allowed to be molded and is in the hands of a private collector in California, so this one is the bestI could do.

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(cobywan @ Sep 26 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]1327036[/snapback]</div>
You do the best you can, with what you have, where you are.
[/b]

The US Marines say, " Improvise, Adapt and Overcome ". Squids just fill out request chits. :D

Here are pics of the New Studio Scale Buck Rogers “Thunder” Fighter molds and the no shrink tooling resin master pattern pull. The detail is crisp and accurate. We will be in production this weekend. BRTF Kits to ship next week. Please contact Timeslip if you want to get on this run. This is straight from the mold, no sanding no nothing. It still has elements found on the original casting that I did not want to rmeove. The difference is the details are sharper and the bottom does not bulg out like the last release. Sorry for all the pics but man im a proud daddy.

191542979.jpg

191542983.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(moffeaton @ Sep 30 2006, 01:06 AM) [snapback]1329093[/snapback]</div>
AWESOME.
[/b]

Hey if anyones got one of the older run of the SF, post some pics of the details, preferably of some of the same areas as Steves pics, as I'm professionally curious how they came out. I wanted to grab one back in the day, but now I've got this . . . and I'm guessing this one is MUCH crisper.

Ryan

<div class='quotetop'>(streetjudge79 @ Sep 30 2006, 03:42 AM) [snapback]1329166[/snapback]</div>
Steve, are there going to be decals made for the Earth Directorate insignia?
[/b]

Let me answer for Steve here

Yep, There are going to be decals. Complete with ED emblem and the colors stripes etc etc.

They will be laser printed.

We had looked at outsourcing these through a company in Canada, but found that their stock SF decals at Studio scale were wayyy too small, and after some issues with QC and delivery with other orders placed, and the headaches that ensued, we decided to do it closer to home where we have a lot more control over it and could do it in the correct size without having to go back and forth, which if prior experince with that vendor would have meant a lot of delays.

I'm pouring tomorrow, so when I'm over I'll try and grab some shots of the proof sheet when I take shots of the pulled SF's.

Decals and working out a deal for the use of the pilot, and of course tracking down a few last illusive kit parts, were part of what has taken so long to get this up and runnning, but where we could we tried to drive the cost down without sacrificing quality. Which for those of you on the list will note when George contacts you, I think you'll be shocked at what we are able to get this out the door in high quailty resin to you for, WITH decals, pilot etc. We did our best to get this at the lowest price we could to put it in more folks hands without making it a pile 'o poo. So, no pretty box you're going to throw away anyway, no instructions (You REALLY need them? You're kidding right? Its a fracking hull, canopy, 2 lower winglets, pilot and cannon tips, and you can't figure out how it goes together?), and no other BS frills that do nothing to really get you a kick ass kit but do drive up the price. It was decided that getting and using the BEST resin, RTV, master and replacement kit parts was a bit more of a worthwhile endevour than making pretty box art and charging you for shipping on a box in a box. And I think you'll agree, that was a GREAT way to go.

I know from the master pulls I'm going to be VERY happy with mine. I love how the details are super sharp, and I'm still hoping someone has pics of the earlier runs of SF that were out there so I can SEE the difference. I'm betting they are THAT noticeable.

On that note, wrap you head around this fun little SF fact. The main body of the SF alone, and this is WITHOUT engines, canopy, lower wings and other details (pilot, cannon tips, etc) uses right around 80 fluid ounces of resin. Yep, thats almost 2/3 of a GALLON just for that. I'm guessing it'll be right around a full gallon for the whole SF when its said and done. Now, dutifully WALK to your fridge, pull out your gallon of milk, and hold out your hand to catch your jaw when it dawns on you that "MY GOD. THATS A LOT OF RESIN.". Now, where do you get a pressure vessel BIG enough for that size mold to ship out super crisp and bubble free castings from? Its easy, Steve had the damn thing custom made about 2 years ago for the TIE wing. And it wasn't cheap, let me tell you, but damn if its the ONLY way to get things as big as this as nice as this cast under pressure.

While your brain tries to wrap itself around that, and do the math and figure out what the good resin we use runs and how much $$ the resin alone is, throw this into the mix and I think you'll get the fabled steam out 'o the ears. LOOK at Steves first pic, and then GUESS how much RTV it took to pour THAT much mold. Yeah, go ahead and just guess A LOT.

Sorry, didn't mean to send y'all the the hospital with brain lockup, just reboot, works for winblows and should work fine for your grey matter.

Yep, when George start sending emails I think you'll all be pleasantly suprised at the price point.

Gotta get some sleep, this is one resin monkey who KNOWS what a long day he's got tomorrow.

Ryan

* Edit for big spelling boo boo*

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back