Anyone working on Alternative Batman suits?

I really like the way those suits look, but I can't help but think they suffer from the same "problem" the TDK suit has. While incredibly detailed and beautiful, they are, for me, a tad over designed to the point where it just looks like a guy wearing armor. Personally, I always felt like the Batsuit was supposed to make Batman appear more supernatural, rather than obviously being a suit of armor. That being said, I like this idea and was thinking about trying my hand at it. Seems like it would be pretty doable in foam, maybe layer some cloth over the foam.

batsuitarmor.jpg

I agree 100% with DesertKnight on the new costumes. I don't care for the overly armored looking costumes, but I do like the costume designs in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

im also looking at doing the DC online batman but i might mix it with arkham asylum/city suit as well. anybody got any teplates for either of these?

I dont mind the armor looks so much, but I am not a fan of the TDK cowl.
I think a Bat Lantern build would be kinda cool. Also think it would be neat to incorporate the Iron Man eyes into a cowl for the traditional "white eye" look it would give (or detective mode look of Arkham).

Azreal suit for you sir:

Azrael-batman_01.jpg

5611.jpg

tumblr_ljs64eQZL91qj69rjo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lbbgbdFHfm1qbxygfo1_500.png

Rainbow2.jpg

If you don't know the story, Dick Grayson hurt his arm, so Batman wore garish costumes so no one would notice Robin with the same injury. [or Robin could just Stay Home. Duh.]

Last edited:
im also looking at doing the DC online batman but i might mix it with arkham asylum/city suit as well. anybody got any teplates for either of these?
I don't think so, or at least I haven't seen any so far. I haven't even seen a DC online suit yet. Its going to have to be a scratch build. Imma give it a go in foam.

I've been slowly working on a Gotham by Gaslight suit for a while. I'm still trying to find the right wool for the cloak. That and applying the bat to the shirt are all I have left to do.

bmvampbox2.jpg

I've been thinking of starting a Vampire Batman costume personally, but i have no idea how i'd do the wings without it looking too hokey.

Don't like the wings. A lot of the images have a really weird cape with them. It may be an alternative to the wings. That or free style the wings a bit for a better look.

Another interesting image...
desenhos-7535968781705674ad9fd8d67fe35f6f_i.jpg

A good Beyond suit has yet to be done. No one really managed to keep on the simplicity of the design and tried too hard to make it scifi. The suit material, always seeming to be backlit no matter the light setup is ( apart from the extremes ones ) is also a good challenge. I'd like to try to give it a shot someday.

i personally think i was the inspiration for the arkam suit this is 5 years ago

5891_102244633122609_100000112195441_45393_355588_n.jpg

5891_102244649789274_100000112195441_45398_8294254_n.jpg

318395_293044027376001_100000112195441_1337461_849740529_n.jpg

artsee1 full muscle suit . had to cut from ankle to ankle and wrist to waist to get it on but it fits much better than anyone elses now. should have sold it as arkam on ebay this halloween with all the hype.

In terms of making an alternative Batsuit, I'd go with the Batbot from the series The Batman (first two attachments) and Frank Miller's incarnation of Batman in The Dark Knight REtunrs (third attacment) but since I'm only toned and not insanely buff lol, I'd probably make the suit out a Rubies Mr. Incredible suit but latexed over like how most of The Hunter's Lair members start their budget Predator suits.

Last edited:
First suit looks like a cross between the desert storm suit and batman beyond. There's a thread somewhere on this board of a hybrid iron man/batman suit. I believe it's still in the artistic design phase although a paper mache iron cowl lol was built.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back