House decked out for Halloween with a lil Jack Skellington PIC HEAVY

whoami11

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone,

Last year, my wife wanted me to decorate the house for Halloween. Knowing that I could make/build things, she wanted me to do a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. Well, I started on the project last year but didn't get it finished due to a baby on the way! So this year, with some help from a buddy, I was able to give her the Halloween she wanted.

We'll start with Jack, I made him using styrofoam, bondo, and PVC pipe.

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg
IMG_2892.jpg
IMG_2894.jpg
IMG_2895.jpg
Any input welcome! More to follow!

-Ryan

Now on to the hands. I used some skeleton hands from a bag of bones at the party store. For his cuffs, I used plastic rims from a r/c car, used bondo around the rims and sanded/dremeled it to get that look primarily seen at the Disney parks.
IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg
IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

Last edited:
Next, I used cardboard to cut the shape of Jack's beard since he will be Santa Jack. From there, I covered the cardboard in bondo and sanded/dremeled the beard the same way I did the cuffs.
IMG_2937.jpg

Due to my shoulder injury, I only did half his body and mounted it above my fence. Hoping to do a full body with his coffin sled for X-mas.

The next thing I did was Jack's list. I bought some canvas tarp, painted it to give it that worn look and hand painted all the words and images, matching the list used at the Disney parks.

IMG_2890.jpg

I bought some cheap halloween candy buckets and drilled a hole in the bottom of each one. I put up a strip of white lights on the roof and placed each pumpkin over a various light. Cheap and quick, but really pulls off a nice look.

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

As you can see from the above pic, I made the Pumpkin King using a light up pumpkin and PVC for a frame. Some have and one of my shirts, and that was that.

I made Zero using foam and bondo. Shaped it, and painted it. I then attached an orange light to the tip of his nose. I left foam bare on his body where I built a stand to hold him up on the roof.

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

Some lights and garland with a little bit of fake snow on the tombstones and I'm done. I bought a couple fog machines and purple lights to add the effect. Hope you enjoy looking. Any ?'s just ask! -Ryan
IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back