Teecrooz’s Prop Collection: Updated: 22nd of December, 2023

Re: My Obi-Wan and Luke Lightsaber builds

To answer your previous question of it being the rarest and most obscure parts used, you must know that the propmakers had acquired a lot of military stuff from local junkyards; amongst them a complete Derwent Rolls Royce Jet engine hence the access to the balance tube connectors for the ANH lightsabers and also the use of many 'IG-88' heads in the cantina scene ... behind the bartender, before it became the head of the bounty hunter in ESB.

-Chaim

P.S. a Derwent Rolls Royce Jet Engine approximately will set you back 12K probably in GBP's for 9 emitters.

Last edited:

And the updated picture..

DSC_0308.JPG

Nice score Chris!

A Derwent engine would include about 9 balance pipes/tubes = emitters if I'm not mistaken, yes?

I know that the correct emitter/balance tubes currently in hands of members and collectors were acquired by a joint venture in buying the engine together but as you stated correctly at the risk of finding the incorrect type of balance tubes inside, unless the owner would be willing to open the engine up beforehand, which usually is unlikely. Should you attempt to get a gang of members together to purchase said engine color me interested, okay?

On a sidenote part of the engine could be sold for an authentic IG-88 head or cantina set prop :lol

-Chaim

I think I might be interest in this too, if the right engine were found and it was at the right price?

Thanks guys. It's been a lot of fun.

The real question is, now what do I do? The answer is, finally make headway on assembling all of those R2-D2 parts sitting on shelves in my basement! The other answer is, figure out how to take pictures like Scott. My camera should be able to do it, which means the problem is me. :)

Markus, I just send you an email this morning.

Chris ... wow ... why did I not see this update sooner ... beautiful lightsaber indeed

Chaim

whoa! What the heck? took me forever to find one... and where'd this one come from? Nice score!!!

So in the two previous pics, it appears you have different grenades on your complete saber (lighter colored one in the first)...

Then you have this grenade? Did you swap out in between those first two pics? Do you have THREE?! heh.

Gotta get me one.

Thanks Chaim.

New addition as of this afternoon. This one is staying as is, as a display piece in my office.

View attachment 255000
View attachment 255001
View attachment 255002
View attachment 255003
View attachment 255004

I only have two. The previous owner of the first one stripped the paint but left the metal bare and untreated or oiled. As you can see in the earlier pictures, this allowed rusting to start. I wanted to prevent further rusting, so I treated it which darkened the grenade.

wow .... that new grenade would really be more comfortable between my vintage graflex clamp and
... a real emitter any time soon ... did I mention that my almost gathered together all real parts OB1
will have a vintage D-ring originating from a vintage graflex 4x5 camera case?

Chaim

The neck on that grenade looks more accurate than most I'be seen.

Any chance you could snap a few pics of the neck with everything taken off, even the windvane?

Ok... colour me jealous from a guy still looking for his grenade :-(

That's beautiful!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back