"Studio Scale" BSG Assault Raptor

Remember blue thunder? Remember the scene where the helicopter rises up from the rear of the building? Now picture the same scene with the assault raptor, rising up to do some damage to the cylons lol!

Yeah! :D
Or the title screen of the 1984 laserdisc video game, Cobra Command:
Cobra Command Ingame video footage (Part 1 of 3) - YouTube

Neat project...I didn't even know the model had evolved over the series.

Is it just me, or does the Raptor have something of an "Airwolf" vibe to it? I didn't really think about it before until seeing the rear station with all its command, weapon and system displays and the two pilot seats in front (with the crew wearing helmets). Weird.

Well, if this is going to be a one off, the parts certainly look like they are being designed for kit production (right down to the large alignment tabs in the wings). It is almost looking like a styrene kit.

This looks amazing, though I do have one concern; the faces of the pilots. Even in the farther-off CG shots, you can still clearly see them through their visors; will there be an accommodation made for this?

You know...like "Face Off"...cause they changed faces....

Sometimes the jokes work, and sometimes they don't.

BVCVB.jpg

I don't want to give you guys the wrong impressions, so let me burst some bubbles and say this is not going to be kitted... this is part of a larger commission display, and there is not any interest in going into the kit business from the people in this project. I don't have a license for this, don't want to get recast, don't want to fund a run that might not even sell, don't want to do instructions and make it "easy" to build, etc etc.

But I think there is a 1/32nd offering in the works, so there WILL be Raptor models in that scale...

I don't want to give you guys the wrong impressions, so let me burst some bubbles and say this is not going to be kitted... this is part of a larger commission display, and there is not any interest in going into the kit business from the people in this project. I don't have a license for this, don't want to get recast, don't want to fund a run that might not even sell, don't want to do instructions and make it "easy" to build, etc etc.

But I think there is a 1/32nd offering in the works, so there WILL be Raptor models in that scale...

I hope all that doesn't stop you from posting pictures.

As far as the 1/32 Raptor you mentioned, are you talking about the Bad Azz Raptor(s)? I've been watching for news (and pictures) on that one.

I've been looking for a Raptor model for a long time, my favorite ship from the fleet, your doing a helluv a job with the renderings, cant wait to see the actual build!

As far as the 1/32 Raptor you mentioned, are you talking about the Bad Azz Raptor(s)? I've been watching for news (and pictures) on that one.

I hope to start posting info on that soon. Some of the parts are in rubber now. At least 1 version will be available BEFORE Wonderfest. Maybe all 3. Just depends on how much each change.

Jason, I'm working on a idea for the 32 scale pilots that may work for you as well. I'll tell you more when I'm further along.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back