Iron Man 3

I know I have been looking for a cool deal. Usually bestbuy has awesome deals, but I havent saw one. I am surprised that aren't offering any awesome exclusives or limited editions here in the US, or even a trilogy pack?

Sent from my HTC One X

Cheapest I've seen is $25 for the 2-disc with digital copy, Amazon and BB.

I think the reason they didn't do a trilogy pack is b/c they just released the Phase One box set a few months back. The Marvel Studio films are kind of a different animal, they'll probably just do box sets with each MCU phase.

Wal-Mart had the 3d version(which also has the 2d blu-ray, the DVD, digital copy and soundtrack) advertised for $24.96 this week so I price matched it at Best Buy as I won't go to Wal-Mart under any circumstances.

i just bought the 3d version, this release is really short on extras. i hope this isnt becoming a trend with marvel.

Im guessing its going to trend anyway with the hd downloads becomeing popular and getting early releases unfortunately.

Just ordered the steelbook. 3d/2d double disk for 24 gbp

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

This is my issue with IM3. We have superhero movie that to me greatly diminishes what it is to be a superhero, or more specifically Ironman. For me part of the appeal of any superhero is that you don't just like them, you want to be them. (This should make a lot of sense on a prop and costuming site.)
When Tony first takes flight in the MK2 or when he blows up the tank after taking an artillery shell to the face, all I could think was "I want to be that guy."
In IM3 when Tony is running for his life from the extremis soldiers because they are literally karate chopping his suits in half, or when his latest and greatest MK42 is constantly falling apart and in need of a "recharge" from a car battery, all I thought was "I don't want to be that guy."
Simply put, they made Ironman a lot less awesome for me.

For me, that was the whole point. It's not all roses. Life is hard. Sometimes we all get into a spot we don't want to be in, but if you want to come out on top, you have to just keep going.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano

I got something entirely different from the ending of the movie than most. I don't see the "clean slate" as Tony retiring from being Iron Man at all. Tony Stark IS Iron Man. You can take away the cars, the house, and yes even the armor, but HE is Iron Man. I'm sure wherever he is driving off to, there is a workshop.

This is my issue with IM3. We have superhero movie that to me greatly diminishes what it is to be a superhero, or more specifically Ironman. For me part of the appeal of any superhero is that you don't just like them, you want to be them. (This should make a lot of sense on a prop and costuming site.)
When Tony first takes flight in the MK2 or when he blows up the tank after taking an artillery shell to the face, all I could think was "I want to be that guy."
In IM3 when Tony is running for his life from the extremis soldiers because they are literally karate chopping his suits in half, or when his latest and greatest MK42 is constantly falling apart and in need of a "recharge" from a car battery, all I thought was "I don't want to be that guy."
Simply put, they made Ironman a lot less awesome for me.

Each to their own. But what movie doesnt have the super hero in life threatening danger? Thats the whole point in every superhero story.... they all have difficult decisions just like us. I think I sort of know what you mean though......

I will say that he was kidnapped by terrorists in im1. And dying in 2. Id say their on par with danger.

But......Am I right in thinking you mean when hes actually at his best... hes still not awesome enough?

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Is This Ben Kingsley's Secret Marvel Project? | Superhero Hype

Retconning so the real Mandarin still exists in the MCU? I sure hope that turns out true!

Pearce did comment they're not going to apologize for the twist but I don't consider this to necessarily be an apology. You can have a real Mandarin that's not ridiculously oriental which would still be consistent with what Black and Pearce were trying to critique. Plus they haven't explained who exactly is the leader of the Ten Rings from the first IM movie.

The fan theory connecting a real Mandarin to the mystery villain organization in Agents of SHIELD certainly makes for interesting discussion.

Last edited:
I think the Ironman movies were meant to be more "grounded", i.e. nothing really happened in the first two that could be considered supernatural, or THAT far fetched. Once Avengers came out, they now had the means to do the magic with the Mandarin, and I didn't like the twist either. I still had a blast with the movie, but the first two felt more badass.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back