Iron Man 3

Looks like we get alot of more gold with the new iron man suit!

Mostly promo pictures are pretty accurate to the final movie version.

hrlicensingexpo201228.jpg

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6286/hrlicensingexpo201228.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know. I'm still leaning towards something similar to the Bleeding Edge armor instead of Extremis. Bleeding Edge had a LOT more gold and was a much sleeker design.

I'd say since the majority of the suits we've seen up to now are influenced a lot by the look of the Extremis suit, that this one will be closer to the bleeding edge suit.

Considering Adi Granov worked on the preproduction as well as designed the Extremis armor, it makes sense. That poster also looks like his work, much like the teaser poster they put out at Comiccon all those years ago, before IM1

Bring back the Triangle Arc!! This round one looks like a step backward.

I was thinking it's either the Bleeding Edge or the Extremis with a circular Arc reactor. But with only the Arc and Hand lights showing I don't think it's the BE armor.
Wait what's this?
http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/iron-man-3-banner.jpg I know it's just a banner but it looks almost like the poster suit.

Well I'm not saying it is the BE armor, just saying that it may be leaning more towards it.

Adi Granov did do a lot of the character designs for IM1 and IM2 so seeing it lean towards Extremis is natural but most of the recent concept work has been done by Ryan Meinerding who just happened to be the guy that drew the bleeding edge concept art above as well as concept work for IM2 (he designed the Mk V), Captain America: TFA, Thor, and The Avengers, so that's part of the reason I see it leaning more toward the BE armor.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping they dont' do a 'nano bot builds a suit of armor' thing anytime he needs it. Or at least if they DO, that it's got some explanation of how a technology so vastly far ahead of us was designed by Stark. Like make it reverse engineered from Asgard technology Tony got access to through Thor. His armor is at least laughingly close to technology on Earth, but nano bots .. meh.. might as well make it magic while you're at it.

its so obviously extremis, its not even up to debate!

on a similar note, ryan meinderding is such an amazing artist, i have the concept art of the avengers printed and displayed in my prop room, its just awesome detailed work, especially for concept art

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back